• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket Chili-Fully Cooked or Not

frognot

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gonna do a couple of different types of chili for a Super Bowl party next weekend. I usually use coarsely ground meat but was wanting to try a chunky smoked brisket one. Do y'all use brisket that was fully cooked or do y'all pull it before done & let it finish cooking with the chili spces, tomato sauce,etc.?

If you use already cooked brisket it should shredd on the long cook.....if raw I like to put a course grind on it and fry with some chorzio for the fat......

When I make it the brisket is always fully cooked. It just gets more tender as it cooks in the chili.
Of ciourse.. it just occured to me - if you plan on using it soley for brisket - why not chunk it up prior to smoking it to get more smokey-goodness all around. Would that work or would it just lead to dried out chunks of flesh?

Thanks for feedback. I have a small point that i threw on the Egg. Think i'll just cook it a while then make chili out of it.

Im working on my 1st brisket chili as I type. Against my other judgement Im adding beans...doing some home made corn bread as welll!!

Sal

I use fully cooked brisket and pulled pork when I make chili.

I've done it both ways, I like fully cooked brisket the most. The brisket that wasn't cooked fully ended up being really "chunky" whereas the fully cooked brisket just melted into the chili and was outstanding.

Just remember that you have salt, and spices in the rub on the brisket. You might want to cut back little until you taste it. I love brisket chile.

Back