Amazing Ribs Pitmaster Club

I got chastised by management last time I linked another similar site. Don't know if you will or not.

Sounds interesting. And they support OBR. That's always good. Geared more toward the backyard BBQ er but I still might join just to watch the videos of the Pitmasters.

Sounds interesting. And they support OBR. That's always good. Geared more toward the backyard BBQ er but I still might join just to watch the videos of the Pitmasters.

Yes I was interested in the videos also.

What I did not like was the membership dues auto renew every year. I always struggle with finding a way to either turn it off or cancel the membership.

I got chastised by management last time I linked another similar site. Don't know if you will or not.

You mean the management that makes money off selling flags so you can advertise (one way) their web site at your cook site without any kind of compensation to you but only to them?

You mean the management that makes money off selling flags so you can advertise (one way) their web site at your cook site without any kind of compensation to you but only to them?

Yep. Same one.

I hope your comment was sarcastic. Running a forum of this size is not free, it costs money. If you do not feel you are getting compensative/value from being a member of this forum, there are other forums out there you can join where you may find better compensation.

Mod Note:

There are very clear published rules about links to competing forums or sites. In this case, the link was posted as a direct response to a question, which is covered by those rules.

Linking to Forums:
Do not post links to other forums like ours(BBQ forums/chats) for the sake of promotion or for information that can easily be found within our forum(this excludes the links section).
It is ok to point to another forum to ANSWER A QUESTION OR SHARE PHOTOS/INFORMATION. This is not considered promotion.
References within the forum to obvious forums of authority are allowed when referring to specific questions/requirements. (i.e. Green Egg Support, FoodTV, etc. ).
We reserve the right to remove gratuitous references to competing forums.
Links to forums in signatures is not allowed.

This thread is borderline. It was posted as a question but is also indirectly promoting a competing forum, which could potentially take subscribers away from here. Subscription help keep this site going but still do not cover the expenses of the servers, hosting fees, bandwidth, etc. so anything that may reduce the number of subscribers is bad for anyone who uses this site. We know this was not SPRfree's intent but if this thread had been posted to deliberately promote the other site, or if the link had been posted outside of our rules, it would have been removed.

The last time I checked, no one was being forced to buy a banner or flag. As fas as I know, this is entirely voluntary and is being done by folks who are proud of their affiliation with this site and fly our colors willingly and with no expectation or compensation.

The last time I checked, no one was being forced to buy a banner or flag. As fas as I know, this is entirely voluntary and is being done by folks who are proud of their affiliation with this site and fly our colors willingly and with no expectation or compensation.

I haven't been around this forum long but I have to agree this is almost like any other online 'club' around. I am on a few performance boat forums and car forums where they all sell stickers banners flags etc that people buy just to promote the site for the love of the sport and to get more people involved not expect any compensation from it. Just my .02.

Mod Note:

There are very clear published rules about links to competing forums or sites. In this case, the link was posted as a direct response to a question, which is covered by those rules.

This thread is borderline. It was posted as a question but is also indirectly promoting a competing forum, which could potentially take subscribers away from here. Subscription help keep this site going but still do not cover the expenses of the servers, hosting fees, bandwidth, etc. so anything that may reduce the number of subscribers is bad for anyone who uses this site. We know this was not SPRfree's intent but if this thread had been posted to deliberately promote the other site, or if the link had been posted outside of our rules, it would have been removed.

My link to the Weber Virtual Bullet was in response to a question asking if there was a source for more information as to how to cook on a WSM, and just about WSMs in general. You, Bob Brisket, and Phil subsequently jumped my ass about it. I have been very good about supporting this site both monetarily, and verbally to my friends. Different rules for different posters I guess.

Let's get something farking STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW.. :mad2:

This FORUM DOES NOT MAKE ONE FRIGGIN DIME ON THE SALE OF THE BANNERS OR FLAGS.. NOT ONE CENT!

They are supplied by a member, to the members as a service due to REQUESTS FROM THE MEMBERS for banners, flags, hats, etc, and...... we appreciate the members flying the colors, if for no other reason, to attract other members to stop by and meet one another. I personally have gone to other ends of venues to meet those I see flying the banner or flag and I know others have done the same.

So next time you decide to talk out of your ass about something regarding my forum that you know nothing about, get your facts straight first.

we appreciate the members flying the colors, if for no other reason, to attract other members to stop by and meet one another. I personally have gone to other ends of venues to meet those I see flying the banner or flag and I know others have done the same.

So next time you decide to talk out of your ass about something regarding my forum that you know nothing about, get your facts straight first.

Last year was the first time we did the American Royal, and we bought a banner just for that, I was shocked how many fellow Brethren stopped by to say hello and introduce themselves(it was cool finally putting a face to a name) including Dave Compton, who proceeded to party with us late into the night!!

I seen that the last time i was on that site, its new, i considered it but after all the pop ups about it i decided to not do it. Its been my personal experiance that when im nagged about something its NEVER worth it. Surf this forum for example i was never nagged to be a supporter here i did it because i thought it was worth it not because i got a pop up every other page. Also i have surfed there for a good while and yes i do likethe reads, but new stuff always pops up here first.

Back