• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

CUBANOS! (pron)

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello, Sirs and Ma'ams in Smoke -

I had the pleasure of watching the movie "Chef" recently and became inspired to make a Cubano of my own. I started with a simple Mojo marinated shoulder (bone-in). I made the marinade with fresh-squeezed OJ (will use sour oranges next time), lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, oregano. Cooked the shoulder with cherry wood at 275 until it would have been ready to fall apart. I wrapped it back up in plastic wrap to cool overnight in the fridge. The next day I went to the local Mariano's and got sliced ham off the bone, swiss cheese and french bread that had been pulled from the oven 45 minutes previous to purchase. I sliced (across the grain) the refridged pork as well and built the sanwich. It was just delightful.

Attachments

• IMG_4065.jpg
    IMG_4065.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_4067.jpg
    IMG_4067.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_4074.jpg
    IMG_4074.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_4075.jpg
    IMG_4075.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_4077.jpg
    IMG_4077.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 611
:thumb:I'll take 2 togo. I fell in lust with those things when I lived in S FL.! In the other that BBQ samich realm Cubanos, Monte Christos, and Pastrami & Swiss on rye with deli mustard, are my top three in that order.

awesome post. Watched the same movie last month with the wife. Never had a cuban before but we were talking about making them on New Years Ever (after being inspired by the movie)!

Swap out the French bread for an egg bread bun and you have the second most famous Cuban sandwich, the Medianoche (midnight)!

oh yeah

That looks great! One of my top 3 favorite sandwiches, and homemade cannot be beat!

Swap out the French bread for an egg bread bun and you have the second most famous Cuban sandwich, the Medianoche (midnight)!
True this.^^^
And French bread is the acceptable substitute when you cannot get Cuban bread.
BTW: Very nice sandwich. I would definitely hit that.

Back