• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bbq my backstraps & tenderloins

How are you going to cook them? Have you ever wrapped them in bacon?

No need to wrap in bacon. I treat them like pork loins and throw them on the smoker whole. First marinate in a good steak marinade. I use the KC Masterpiece Garlic Balsamic. Smoke low 180-200 for an hour to two, then sear for a couple minutes each side. I am so envious because I didn't get one this year.....yet! December muzzlestuffer season is close.

Looks good! Our firearm opener is Friday, looking forward to spending some time in the woods even though the forecast is looking really wet.

My buddy brought over a fresh venison heart last night and I cut it up, hit it with some Oakridge BBQ's Secret Weapon and tossed it on the kamado for a minute or two on each side.

Turned out fantastic.

Sweet

Im leaning toward's stuffing them with something or other ,Onion's,Red Pepper,Garlic,Asian Seasoning's ,Fruit Soy Sauce,Pepperjack Cheese.

Just trying something different then just plain meat with seasoning.

Thought about adding Sriracha sauce

If you like feta cheese I would recommend giving that a shot. I butterflied this backstrap, stuffed with feta and then wrapped it in a bacon weave. Cooked it until it hit about 125 internal temp. :thumb:

Final product:

My personal favorite is an herbed cream cheese (soften cream cheese and add green onions, etc..) and jalapeno stuffed tenderloin. Partially freeze the cream cheese blend before stuffing so it doesn't all melt out during the cook. You can wrap in bacon, or just tie or toothpick it..

Looking good! I have a deer tenderloin in my fridge. I think it's going to get some of that treatment! Thanks for the inspiration

We cut the backstrap into steaks and cook the tenderloins whole. Grilled over lump to med rare. I love the taste of Allegro Hot and Spicy Marinade.

Did a little test run .
Really tender and delicious
internal temp 120 degree
Backstrap left ,Tenderloin right

And now I am even more excited for our shotgun deer season coming up the first weekend in December. Too bad it's buck only this year...darn the low deer numbers!

Back