practice competition?

rookiedad

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
i have been thinking about this for a while. i got the idea a while back while reading sawdustguy's post about what it takes to be a champion team and their practice runs. why don't a bunch of us who want to compete prepare for the season with a full out practice competition or two? we could have it complete with turn in times, boxes and judges opinions. in this way we could cross compare the final product. we might even be able to connect this with a firemans carnival or something like that. what do you think?
phil

Fragile Flower and I are available to judge at practices near St Louis

We have one of those around here every year in march(except this past year) in Shelby,NC.Cost $150 dollars to enter.They give you:eek:ne whole chicken,two or three racks of ribs,one butt,and one whole brisket.Just like a contest,but laid back and relaxed.Times and judging(cert. judges) just like a KCBS event . You have to use the meat they give you.The overall winner takes whats left of the money.

Willy T.

I am up for a practice contest. This is the only way we have to get better. Practice, Practice, Practice.... It would be nice to have some real judges too.

Name the place and the time....I'm certified....Ask my wife.

Back