I am one smooth talking devil...

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So, last night the wife and I were talking. It's income tax time, bonus time from my job, and it's time for my wife to make her every other year visit home (S. Korea). I really wanted to add build a new smoker to that list, but I was afraid. Decided to heck with it, what could it hurt.

So, I went in with all my ammo lined up and let her have it. And she said ok. I said Wait, you haven't everything. Ok? :twitch:

Told her my plan to get a vertical offset from LSG like ssv3's and showed her the pictures. I knew I would need to compromise some and told her I will sell our S-330 gasser and my WSM after I get the new one. Don't really have room for all three.

We had this talk pretty late last night, so I was looking at their site this morning. She caught me and started saying I didn't really need that big of a pit. No backing out now. I sent them an email today. I expect to talk to them on Monday and get my new baby in the queue.

Now, the waiting begins. And need to build a slab for it. And shelter. And. So much to do.

Why don't my talks with the wife about sharing a little romance ever end with positive results such as that???

congrats smooth talker...my wifes go to answer is you dont need that. my response...how do you know what i need.... then i dont get to have it.:mad:

What do you want for your wsm ?

Haven't got that far yet Tom. I have had the 22" just over a year now, with several mods and the IQ 120. You can look at my mods link in my signature to see what I have done to her. After I get the new toy settled in, I'll start thinking of prices.

For both the gasser and the WSM, I am going to be contacting Weber and get some warranty items. Not sure the warranty transfers over to a new buyer, so I want to get things before selling. WSM only needs a new probe grommet. Gasser has some more stuff I want to get.

Figure I'll clean them both up, and then offer them both with the replacement stuff and let someone else install when they are ready.

Welp, that's better than: "You'll be walkin' around with three aluminum legs stickin' out like a tail if you bring another one of those home !!!"

Nice that you can go about it in a fairly calm fashion & you both end up content with the decision.....maybe you a bit more, but she'll get the benefit of great food & fun times & you being happy also.....

All I can say is, move fast, before she changes her mind! I had my check in the mail to Paul before my wife finished the beer she was drinking. :laugh:

Congrats dude! LSG make awesome pits!

Congratulation!!!! Had about the same conversation with my better half this time last year. I also added a 15 x 30 covered patio to the side of my shop (see pic by name) to store the new smoker and the old one's. Wife ended up really liking the new patio as it allowed her to reclaim her patio next to the house.

Congratulations there Terry!! Smooth moove on the plan to convince her to see things your way. Be sure and send her away with some extra spending cash to buy herself something special while she is gone on her trip.

Omar

Sounds like someone gets a year of free back rubs!!!!

I had a similar conversation with my wife , I told her I would get rid of some of the other smokers and Q's , she laughed at me , and said its only money

Congrats again bro! You're not going to be disappointed. Only disappointed thing is the wait but the payoff is sweet.:biggrin1:

Thanks y'all...

All I can say is, move fast, before she changes her mind! I had my check in the mail to Paul before my wife finished the beer she was drinking. :laugh:

Congrats dude! LSG make awesome pits!

Heh, I am trying to move fast, but not sure their schedule. If I don't hear back from them by Monday around noon, I'll be giving them a call. Wife already asked me this afternoon if I ordered it yet. She knows me pretty well.

Congratulation!!!! Had about the same conversation with my better half this time last year. I also added a 15 x 30 covered patio to the side of my shop (see pic by name) to store the new smoker and the old one's. Wife ended up really liking the new patio as it allowed her to reclaim her patio next to the house.

Unfortunately, we don't have that much room in the back yard. Backyard is U shaped around the house with a deck taking a big chunk out of the middle. I am thinking of cutting a second exit off the other side of the deck and laying a slab around the other side of the house big enough for the pit and a little storage.

Thinking of doing some posts and a quasi roof over the slab and then hanging some sort of tarp to wall it off. Still playing with the ideas in my mind. Thinking the slab has to be made of paving stone as there are a couple in ground sprinkler pipes and probably lines to the electric meter on that side of the house.

Congratulations there Terry!! Smooth moove on the plan to convince her to see things your way. Be sure and send her away with some extra spending cash to buy herself something special while she is gone on her trip.

Omar

Oh, yeah. Already allocated her a little extra so she has something to look forward to. The waiting for her trip is probably going to bother her like my build wait...

Congrats again bro! You're not going to be disappointed. Only disappointed thing is the wait but the payoff is sweet.:biggrin1:

Thanks again for all the info sharing Sako. Just wait until I get it and I have to ask you how to cook on the thing... :shocked:

Thanks again for all the info sharing Sako. Just wait until I get it and I have to ask you how to cook on the thing... :shocked:

No worries and anytime Terry. OldBill chaperoned me when I had a ton of q's so it's only fair to give back.:thumb:

Back