Coffee crusted Pulled Lamb shoulder! (pron)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
First of all, I cooked scallops.
I wasn’t happy with the result, my pics were lame, and the plate wasn’t generous, at $45/kilogram(about $28 a #) I couldn’t afford to try another batch.
Then, I thought a lamb rack would be a good choice, so I cooked one of those.
Then I see my good mate Jed post a superb entry with the same lamb rack.
Back to the drawing board. There are plenty of choices. Scallops didn’t pan out, and Lamb racks is taken. How about Lamb Kofta’s?
Ive done hose before and they are so good!
Before I got around to looking, my great brethren pal Mongo DeGuerred me!!
Not kofta maybe, but a delicious lamb burger!
Well, I am not done yet!
I ordered some especially cut pawk chawps!
$12 per pound, but man, they are so primo!
What happens?
Toast grills a pork chop, AGAIN?
I mean, who could predict that the guy would do the same thing he did last year, he grilled a pork chop!!!
You cannot make this chit up.
I am sitting looking at the screen or my computer and yelling, cussing to be frank, and The Fabulous One yells from behind me “If I hear one more of those words...I’m gonna go Redhot on you’re arse!!!”
So, I cooked again.
I give to you,”Pulled Lamb Shoulder smoked with Apple and Banksia, and Lamb and seasoned cabbage and carrot with Thai seasonings; Egg Rolls”
Basket one; Lamb
Basket two: Hot Peppers and Cabbage, Peppers , used in the dressing of spring rolls, the home made BBQ sauce and the salsa.
Cabbage, two types, used in the lamb egg rolls and also for the coleslaw in the entry, the smoked slow cooked lamb shoulder sammie!
Basket Three;
All ingredients were used to make the special home made BBQ sauce.
I’m very proud of this!
Apples, coriander root and stem, Sriracha and Coffee beans(made into espresso) were blended and used in the sauce.
Coriander leaves used in the salsa also.
Sriracha was used in BBQ sauce, and in Salsa.
Multiple uses of ingredients cleared by Mods.

Method:
Trimmed the fat from a prime lamb shoulder, made a coffee rub from the fresh ground beans plus cumin, coriander seeds, pepper, salt.
IMG_3243_zpsd0e01099.jpg

IMG_3247_zpsd488d95a.jpg

Rubbed shoulder and slow smoked over hickory in the Big Steel Keg.
It probed tender at a little over 190.
Pulled it.
IMG_3265_zpsf9d70b42.jpg

IMG_3276_zpscf10905c.jpg

IMG_3267_zps4891f4c7.jpg

IMG_3270_zps9bc296dc.jpg

So forking tender!!!

Made a coleslaw using two cabbage types, mayo and dijon.(proof entry pic)
Made a salsa of tomatoes, coriander, red onion and hot pepper, a splash of sriracha
IMG_3302_zps887caed5.jpg

Mixed up an artisan bread dough and cooked it in a Cast Iron Dutch Oven in the BSK.
IMG_3299_zpsa52e0b42.jpg

IMG_3309_zps5e9d2457.jpg

Look that crumb!
IMG_3312_zpsb78e1d18.jpg

Then, made egg rolls using the cabbage and the pulled lamb, and I made a dressing of Thai inspiration, garlic, coriander, hot peppers, Sriracha,fish sauce and lemon juice!
IMG_3289_zpsad465288.jpg

IMG_3295_zpsb4eaf647.jpg

IMG_3328_zps8662ee58.jpg

Tossed the pulled lamb in the special BBQ sauce and made up a sammie I hope the American brothers who advised me along the way would be really happy to chow down on!

IMG_3319_zpsa77a2363.jpg

IMG_3355_zpsebe805b9.jpg

Entry shot please
IMG_3352_zps923b73d0.jpg

It's been a privilege!!
:yo:

Masters TD is on!
:thumb:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3173576&posted=1#post3173576

WOW I have only seen 2 of the entries and I would have to say the bar has been set pretty high Looking forward to this TD

Love it, Buccs! You got all the ingredients into each Bite... Twice!

Farkin' overachiever...

Last edited:
Oh man, that is over the top! Beyond a typical backyard cook - that's a righteous feast of "high living."

Wow. Good looking cook. A lot of work to get to the final product and well done. Good luck in the TD.

That looks farkin' amazing, Buccs!

I'm seriously jonesing for a bite of that sammich on your homemade bread right now.

Wow. Looks great! I wish more lamb was consumed in the US. Unless you get some from your local farmer, your cuts at the store are limited to shoulder blade chops, lamb chops (chops off the rack), whole rack, or leg. We need some more choices!

Wow. Looks great! I wish more lamb was consumed in the US. Unless you get some from your local farmer, your cuts at the store are limited to shoulder blade chops, lamb chops (chops off the rack), whole rack, or leg. We need some more choices!

That is such a pity!
Here we can't easily get cuts that Americans do for the BBQ smoker, but it is slowly improving.
Brisket (USA style) for example, are unknown here.
This could help you guys. Here I found a butcher that buys whole carcasses and breaks them down. Through pictures of your cuts, I managed to get the butcher to understand the muscles I wanted, and he takes rders from me.
Because lamb shoulders are usually cut into chops, I sometimes have trouble even here getting the butchers to leave the whole shoulder the hail alone, so I know what you mean!

Wholy Flying FARK! :shock:

ALFTickofApproval_zps2bd9a805.gif

My eyes were just popping out of my head with every photo!

What a farking LEGEND!

Cheers!

Bill

suddenly my recent pulled lamb shoulder feels horribly inadequate :oops:

no wonder I'm still waiting to earn my first ALF

seriously well done, Buccs!

Back