• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rotisserie. To brine or not to brine?

Bluebyyou

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I feel a little silly asking it as it may be as easy as a point of personal preference. However, there may be some cool Alton Brown-type scientific explanation that may be out there. :crazy: Anyway. Buying a Weber rotisserie for my Weber kettle. Probably do a couple of whole chickens first. I usually brine my chicken when I smoke them normally but i keep reading that the rotisserie turns out some real juicy stuff. So, what say you? Does it make a difference? Thanks.

Well, for your first cook, I would suggest brine one and not the other, find out which you like best:idea:!

Have fun with it. Let your family do a blind taste test, and see which one wins.

KC

Either way, it'll be good, I got that Weber rotis and it is great, just don't get too much heat in the kettle.

As you said... Personal prefrence... As Code 3 said... Try both ways to find your prefrence... Imho , brine if you have the time...

I got one for Christmas. So far I say brine, it's worth it. I have to say that I didn't on the first one and it was pretty juicy, but the next few where I did brine seemed even better.

I've got the rotisserie kit for my kettle and would advise that you get a second set of rotisserie forks and secure each chicken to the spit individually vs. butting them together and trying to secure with just one set of forks. Truss them up with twine also.

Brining is always a plus with poultry.

I dry brine, but not wet brine. Weber Rotisserie is awesome, love mine. Rib roast is a thing of beauty on one.

We love our Weber roti kit.
I prefer the Chook not brined as I reckon the skin is crisper.
mind you the brined Chook is pretty awesome as well.
We tend to cook ours hot and fast, The brine does hold in the moisture

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Cant wait to receive it and try out what seem to be many options. Thanks!

Personally, I prefer brining as it enhances the meat flavors and helps keep it moist.

And here it is!!! :clap2::whoo::biggrin: along with some brick for a homemade Smokanator.

I suspect i will throwing a couple of birds on there this weekend.

Back