Pulled Pork, Hatch Chile Posole

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This was more of a cross between smoked pork stew and posole......and I used my crock pot. :razz:

Some of my last pulled pork...

pork%20butt%20and%20crushing%20crackers%20009res_zpsnjg4rjzo.jpg

pork%20butt%20007res_zps1bu8fdf4.jpg

chicken stock, tatoes, onions, garlic....

pp%20chile%20stew%20003res_zpshuujxt88.jpg

some Hatch chiles from the freezer, peeled and chopped them, then into the pot....

pp%20chile%20stew%20002res_zps51jcr7vc.jpg

the smoked pork...

pp%20chile%20stew%20004res_zpszavikcgn.jpg

pp%20chile%20stew%20007res_zpssvgbanel.jpg

Added cooked pintos, black beans, hominy, mexican oregano, salt, pepper, and a bit of cumin. Figured I'm the one that's going to eat this, so I put my favorite "stuff" in it. :)

pp%20chile%20stew%20011res_zpsbqsqksjc.jpg

I let it simmer for a few hours...then called er good.
Served with sour cream, cilantro and onions...

pp%20chile%20stew%20017res2res3_zpsmyz3snqv.jpg

pp%20chile%20stew%20022res_zpsdsthn10d.jpg

I don't always put black beans and pintos in posole, but they sounded good at the time.....and I was cold and hungry. :grin:

Thanks for looking!

Oh yeah! I'd hit that. I'd hit that hard and twice on Sunday! Looking good, Jeanie......as always!:-D

Instead of coffee.....a big, tall mug of that broth in the AM will get your motor going for sure!

Bob

Oh yeah! I'd hit that. I'd hit that hard and twice on Sunday! Looking good, Jeanie......as always!:-D

Instead of coffee.....a big, tall mug of that broth in the AM will get your motor going for sure!

Bob

Thanks Bob, great to see you! :grin:
I didn't know what to call this stuff, it's not exactly posole but was tasty at the time. :)

Sliding on in to soup/Stew season with a home run. Perfect!!

Last edited:
Looks like hearty goodness to me! Send some up to Denver...it's going to be COLD!!!

Will do, Clay! I have a bit left, I'll fed ex to ya. :grin: Thanks, hope you keep warm!

Sliding on in to soup/Stew season with a home run. Perfect!!

:grin: Thanks Adams! Had my first dusting of snow Friday a.m./Saturday morning. Tis the season. :)

Looks amazingly nommy Jeanie! I sure could've used a bowl of that goodness this morning. :doh:

Yum!

That looks fantastic Jeanie!

Killer plated pic!

The Crockpot is just another tool in the tool box, looks great Jeanie. :grin:

Why is it my internet goes down when you post cooks. :)

Oh maybe it had to do with my drooling... :becky:

Thanks for the recipe jeanie, I'm going to give it a try next batch of pulled pork.

Damn that looks great! I could have used a bowl of that after screwing around fixing my snowblower all day on Saturday!

Thanks everybody! It was warming.
I thought about tossing a couple of jalapenos in the pot, but the chiles were enough flavor and heat for me. :grin:

Back