SoCal Farkers - Charity Cook Saturday December 10

Alrighty - the event is a week from tomorrow. Due to work interfering with life, I'll be cooking the pork up this weekend, vac-sealing and reheating on site - I was gonna take next Friday off - (John Belushi voice here) but noooo :mmph:. It'll actually make the day of the event a little easier, so there's that....

Anyway, Bigmista will be bringing that crazy good turkey of his. There's gonna be plenty to do - slicing - lots of slicing, doing the sides, etc. and the crew is shaping up to be killer! We got Bigmista, campdude, silverfinger, and I think tonyjohnson619 & his better half, and we got maybe's from tomb, Mikebeme, SmokinJohn and the boss, and DUBBAGA. Y'all let me know.

I'm thinking it'd be cool for us to have different combinations of biscuits and fatties to fuel us up - biscuits and gravy, fatties & biscuits with pepper jelly, etc....I'll bring along some eggs to cook up for us as well. Of course there will be coffee - lots of it.

I'll be sending out PM's in the next days & I gotta say I'm really looking forward serving up killer grub with some cool farkers!

I'll be there, middle daughter will be coming with me, the one who likes to cook and help. I'll tell her to make up a batch of her espresso chocolate chip cookies.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
How about a bump for my SoCal friends? Wish I could be there.

• Thanks
Thanks for bumping, frognot (I should be hitting the post office today btw :cool:) and thanks Al!

PM's have been sent to the folks who said they could or might be able to make it.

We've got a pretty good size crew & should be pretty well covered, but if anyone else wants to join in, it never hurts to have more hands plus the hanging out is always fun.

Looking forward to seeing y'all!

...I've got visions of epresso chocolate chip cookies dancing in my head...

Color me a party popper, sorry but I won't be making it out there this weekend :sad:, I got family issues. My son is back in rehab and there is a big family rehab weekend going on. We are looking to learn how to help him better.

• Thanks
Color me a party popper, sorry but I won't be making it out there this weekend :sad:, I got family issues. My son is back in rehab and there is a big family rehab weekend going on. We are looking to learn how to help him better.

Gotcha - first things first! Sorry to hear about the troubles, but I know how that kinda stuff goes - good luck and Godspeed to all of you.

64791997.jpg

• Thanks
^^^I'll bet it's also good with more cranberry pecan tart.

Glad you guys are able to do this, Greg. Hope everything goes well for you. Have Fun!!

• Thanks
No orange creme cake today, but Krispy Kreme had the hot donut sign lit... now, 2 dozen glazed are on the way

• Thanks
Had a blast today, thank you Greg for inviting us to share in the festivities.

Didn't get too many photos, hopefully the Boys & Girls Club will post some that can be shared later

Silverfinger
20161210_103649.jpg

SmokinJohn, Bigmista and campdude
20161210_103631.jpg

gtr topping up the sauce bottles
20161210_100832.jpg

mikebeme seasoning the beans with Simply Marvelous rub
20161210_0817290.jpg

Silverfinger saucing the beans
20161210_081652.jpg

Bigmista is the turkey master
20161210_105821.jpg

gtr working the crowd
20161210_114212.jpg

Just a warning to the Brethren, it is very likely that all of us will bore you to death fawning all over the amazing facility we worked out of today... it was spectacular!!

lady-singing-zaid-holding-up-hand-e1448480728174.jpeg

http://www.peace4kids.org/mobile_village_kitchen

Thank you! The pictures are amazing.

"Brethren Standard," right there. Simply amazing.

Bravo Zulu,
Shadow

Here's a couple of you DUBBAGA. Had a great day also, wore out the daughter, she came home went straight for a nap.
amazing trailer to cook on, Smokinjohn cleaning up, campdude keeping an eye on him. Nice ovens in the back

I am worn out - just woke up on the couch. Killer crew today - not sure how many we served - if someone was to tell me 500 I'd believe 'em. Anyway, everybody was top notch - got right in there and got 'er done.

They have a mobile kitchen there that is incredible. I had a great time and I always love seeing these farkers - great group of folks right here - including some of my non-Brethren bro's who showed up - and I'm proud to know them all. Thanks to all y'all for coming down and helping out with this! :clap2:

I managed to get a few pix as well...

DUBBAGA & the missus, the slaw whisperers.

IMG_6088.jpg

campdude and mikebeme

IMG_6090.jpg

the scene

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6097.jpg

silverfinger - the incredible shrinking man! I think between him and SmokinJohn they've lost the equivalent of an adult human being. :shocked:

b4f160a7-8cfe-4cd1-b503-4fed7a6668d1.jpg

Everybody wanted the purple cabbage, but SmokinJohn hogged it all.

IMG_6100.jpg

Back