Thin/small beef ribs cooking?

Jughed

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Supermarket had a small rack of beef ribs -1" thick max- and I have no clue how long to cook them. They were cheap, 5 bucks on sale, couldn't pass them up.

Most advice I can find is for much larger ribs.

Will be smoking a 8# butt, pork ribs and sausage, need a little help with the timing/temps for beef. Figure 225 cooking temp, charcoal with oak chunks.

Thanks

I think I got a slab like this. It was beef, but had the look of pork ribs with visible indentations between bones. Most I see on here are closer to 2.5" thick.

I cooked mine for about 3 hours at 250. Goal was to foil then, but when I tried to get the temp the probe slid right through.

They were pretty good, but a bit tough on the ends.

Hope that gives you some type of help.

Thanks, was guessing 4 hours. Most Of what I've read says 7-8 hours at higher temps for large ribs. Put em on a rack see what happens I guess.

Walmart sells those trimmed down ribs. Should be illegal since there is barely any meat on them. I'd just try cooking them till the meat that is on there is tender. If anything like those Walmart beef ribs, they won't take long, even at 225. I've never gotten them because they didn't have any meat, but my brother gave them a try and was disappointed. He said he gave most to the dog to gnaw on.

Beef back ribs. A little meat between the bones, almost none on top. Usually a few shiners. I have never cooked the ones from the store because as stated above there is very little meat. I have smoked them from the butcher shop and took 5-6 hours, but they were a little meatier. Probably 3-4 hours for yours, just make sure they probe tender before you pull them. Otherwise keep cooking. The most common complaint is tuffness because they are under cooked. That's my .02 cents on it anyway. Good luck!!:grin:

Back