IN PORKGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "Let's Ham it Up!"*** Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new December Special TD category is...

Let's Ham it Up!

photo-1719.jpg

Our new November Special TD category is... Comfort Food!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. This is an open category, meaning you can cook anything you like as long as ham is the featured ingredient.

Standard Throwdown rules apply.

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/5 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 1/5/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 1/5/15.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Time to cure up some ham?

I just did a ham for Thanksgiving using Dr. Chicken's glaze recipe minus the coffee grounds. The glaze was great, but trying to use my mom's hybrid charcoal/gas grill to double smoke it didn't work very well and I ended up with some dirty smoke and an off flavor as a result. No one mentioned it, so maybe I was the only one to notice. I'll be looking to redeem myself this month....

With all of these on topic posts, I just may have to start the on topic thread upstairs so you folks can continue the on-topic discussion. :mrgreen:

Seems like the whackadoodlry has really died down the past several months. Maybe it's time to go back to one singular discussion thread?

Where is Landarc?
He must have a BIL Ham story!

Where is Landarc?
He must have a BIL Ham story!

Based on what we know about how his BIL cooks turkeys, I'd say chances are pretty good his BIL could have some interesting outcomes with hams...

Is this an entry, peeps? :confused:

Sure seems like the tutoring Gore's been giving you is paying off! :clap2:

It would be great if you could also include a cook thread. We like that kind of stuff around here. :thumb:

:heh:

Is this an entry, peeps? :confused:

Sure seems like the tutoring Gore's been giving you is paying off! :clap2:

It would be great if you could also include a cook thread. We like that kind of stuff around here. :thumb:

:heh:
I just opened the door on my microwave and found it there. Upon further inspection, it seems someone activated the Grill mode while I was away for the holidays...

Gore? :twitch:

I just opened the door on my microwave and found it there. Upon further inspection, it seems someone activated the Grill mode while I was away for the holidays...

Gore? :twitch:

So YOU have an Optigrill as well?

:shocked:

Triple smoke the leftovers?

Oh boy. I see an Amish ham loaf in my future. Need to start working on SWMBO since she hates the stuff.

What leftovers? We finished off a 10.5 lb ham in a little over three days. All that's left is the bone and some fat...:becky:
excuses, excuses :wink:

:blah:

Ham bone is still ham, no? :becky:

Back