IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "Post Holiday Free for All!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Post Holiday Free For All"

salt-lick-bbq-pit_zps21d7de5a.jpg

As chosen by Charred Apron for winning the "Chuck Primal" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

CharredApron said:
The In-laws are gone. The kids are back to school. For many of you it's cold or below freezing outside. I think its time to welocme (sic) in the New Year, Brethren style!

It's a free for all! Cook what ever you want, any way you want, as long as it is Grilled or Smoked during your cooking process. May the best entry win. Show us your idea of what makes you happy that it's a New Year.
You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 1/2 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 1/12/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 1/12.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
That In-Law rule makes it tough?

Can I just have MSD take them to the store while I cook?

Gore can post something he Optigrilled.

Disqualification. "as long as it is Grilled or Smoked during your cooking process". That's an oven.

Yes, it is an oven. And this is also the Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion.

:mrgreen:

Yes, it is an oven. And this is also the Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion.

:mrgreen:
And I contributed to a Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion.:mrgreen:

Disqualification. "as long as it is Grilled or Smoked during your cooking process". That's an oven.

I believe that Toast posted the instructions and it included grilling instructions. Yes, it is an oven, but it also has a grilling mode and can be used as a grill. These new-fangled grills are enormously versatile. Welcome to the 21st century. :tongue:

Incidentally, I am not currently in Spain and do not have access to my Optigrill for this one. However, I WAS able to do a traditional New Year's BBQ. Unfortunately, this hybrid laptop/tablet I'm using doesn't have an SD card reader so I can't post the cook yet.

Incidentally, I am not currently in Spain and do not have access to my Optigrill for this one. However, I WAS able to do a traditional New Year's BBQ. Unfortunately, this hybrid laptop/tablet I'm using doesn't have an SD card reader so I can't post the cook yet.

:pop2:

Back