Wegman's Grocery Store - Pork Shoulder Butts are Currently $0.99 per pound

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Made a quick stop at the two local Wegman's near us to pick up some sauces and spotted the fact that whole pork shoulder butts (avg 8 pounds) are currently only 99 cents a pound.

Time to make room and stock the freezer.....

If you have a Wegman's near you it would be worth the visit...

I bought 2 for superbowl Sunday.

Ps. I like adding about half a bottle of Wegmans Memphis BBQ sauce to each butt after its shredded. It adds just a touch of tang and makes it a touch better. Try it!

Thanks for the heads up. Time to stock some pork butts.

I bought 2 for superbowl Sunday.

Ps. I like adding about half a bottle of Wegmans Memphis BBQ sauce to each butt after its shredded. It adds just a touch of tang and makes it a touch better. Try it!

If you like a mustard sauce also pick-up a bottle of Sal's Sassy Sauce while you are there. Not everybody up north has a taste for mustard sauce, so serve it on the side.

Aye aye captain!! I'll be swinging by tomorrow

Thanks for the heads up. Stopped at Wegmans on the way home after having lunch with my son in Boston. Sadly they only had 4.

Thanks for the heads up. Stopped at Wegmans on the way home after having lunch with my son in Boston. Sadly they only had 4.

I usually have to ask them to bring more out. There were only six in the meat display cooler case, but I signaled the meat guy and he brought me out six more and then put more in the display cooler.

Never hesitate to ask, their meat department has always been great to deal with, in fact every department has been great.

Called our local Wegmans..they have several cases. Going over today to pick up about 8 butts . Thanks for posting the info!!

If you like a mustard sauce also pick-up a bottle of Sal's Sassy Sauce while you are there. Not everybody up north has a taste for mustard sauce, so serve it on the side.

Interesting. I didn't know that was a mustard sauce.

I only bought 5, there were still 5 in the display when I left an hour ago

Guy said there were plenty more in the back. :clap2:

I picked 10 up this afternoon, and have them in the smoker now.

Cooking them for a school fundraiser function coming up in a couple weeks. Will pull the pork and vac-seal it tomorrow afternoon after a calculated 4 hour hold.

DSCN1509_zpsbbdgct2j.jpg

DSCN1510_zpsog0szing.jpg

Last edited:
I picked 10 up this afternoon, and have them in the smoker now.

Cooking them for a school fundraiser function coming up in a couple weeks. Will pull the pork and vac-seal it tomorrow afternoon after a calculated 4 hour hold.

DSCN1509_zpsbbdgct2j.jpg

DSCN1510_zpsog0szing.jpg
Looking Good!

10.5 hours in the smoker and just broke 165° internal.

Will start looking for bone wiggle at 180°

DSCN1514_zpsth93t01x.jpg

Back