What else to BBQ

Bigdawg580

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Besides the normal meats you BBQ brisket, pork butt and ribs. What other kind of food do you put on your smoker. Ready to step outside the box and try something different. Thinking about doing a fatty & different kind of jalapeno poppers maybe some stuffed bell peppers..

Did some MOINK balls to bring to a party a little while back. They got devoured quickly.

Bacon candy is super easy and will convince people that you are some kind of magician.

Is this limited to a smoker, or can it also be on the grill (direct and/or indirect)?

Assuming that it counts:
Potatoes, sweet potatoes, and peppers in the ashes
Stuffed mushrooms
I did try a meatloaf as the first run on my WSM, could have done it at a higher temperature though (even though it was tasty)
I have also done butternut and stuffed gem squash on the smoker.
There should be plenty more.....

Try some bacon wrapped granny smith apple wedges. Dredge it in maple syrup and/or brown sugar. Pan it to keep the juices in as it cooks. Cook it around 300-325. Make lots, the stuff is like bacon crack

Bacon! The hardest part is finding pork belly, but you can also use shoulder and loin. Nothing cooler than pulling some homemade bacon out of the freezer!

I got the emu from a neighbor that use to raise emu. One got out of the fence and my English Mastiff killed it . The neighbor let me have the meat.

Any kind of fish for dip. Oxtail is a big hit at my house.

You may laugh but a chub of all beef Bologna! :mrgreen:

IMG_2988_zpsaq6njmhq.jpg

Hotch, I want to do bologna and Spam one day for a potluck. The one time I tried to smoke Spam, it came out way too salty. Any suggestions? How about the bologna? What seasonings?

Back