• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

NEBS - TOTY Standings

Number 2 again.....
Retirement looks good for me right now.
Looking in to some real nice pink suspenders and a great cooler.

they have me down as 2 seperate teams, Cue's Your Daddy and also Que's your Daddy and dad. is there anyway to change that because i think that would move us from 63rd to roughly 18.

if you signed up at each contest under a different name thats what will be used, they can not be combined, however if the registration paperwork is the exact same team name for each contest then it should be corrected...

they have me down as 2 seperate teams, Cue's Your Daddy and also Que's your Daddy and dad. is there anyway to change that because i think that would move us from 63rd to roughly 18.

how does that TOTY thing work anyway?
how do you know which contests are counted and which arent?
why do some count and others dont?
when is the "year"?

I plan to make an all out effort to win ... the NEBS cup! :wink:

Isn't that the point?

Good Luck ... somebody has to un-cup ISS!!!! :twisted:

BTW... fantastic job Lakeside Smokers!!!! Print those pages out for the scrapbook.

Anchorman Ray...you big liar...you're too damn close to 'retire' now! Although the pink suspenders would work on you. :lol:

I can't believe there's nuthin' til at least April for us, and even then...it's MABA (Pork In The Park)...not NEBS. Dang winter....

how does that TOTY thing work anyway?
top 5 scores of contests/categories which are NEBS sanctioned...

when is the "year"?
the year starts the day after Harpoon Grilling (Sunday) and runs through (and includes) the following year's Harpoon Grilling.

how do you know which contests are counted and which arent?
it is written on the bottom of the ToY website...
...and huge thanks to JamieHart for doing all the work!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It works like this:
Certain contests are sanctioned by NEBS, these are both KCBS BBQ contests, as well as some grilling contests.

In general, if it's listed on the NEBS website it is counted... (there are some exceptions I think, but that's the basic idea)

Total scores are used for overall rankings, only KCBS contests count towards "Chicken, Ribs, Brisket, Pork" ie. Chicken wings at a grilling contest does not count towards those chicken rankings.

Your top 5 scores are used, can be any mix of grilling or KCBS. A grilling and KCBS contest at a venue, count as 2 separate contests. Only the first 4 categories in any contest count...(ie. 5 categories in grilling, only the first 4 count-- this applies to GC)

Teams can not combine scores mid year... change a team name, you start at 0

The "Year" ends with Harpoon Grilling Contest... (this year Maine was the first of the "year")

Jamie Hart spends a lot of time working on the numbers... and people constantly ask about them... i think this is in the rules somewhere too...

I can't believe there's nuthin' til at least April for us, and even then...it's MABA (Pork In The Park)...not NEBS. Dang winter....

I think someone should step up and get the ball rolling for another New England winter contest. Anyone?

i'm working on something now, that if it comes together would happen in January , most likely Western MA... stay tuned

i'm working on something now, that if it comes together would happen in January , most likely Western MA... stay tuned

let me know how it goes. I was thinking of trying to pull something together in the parking lot of Harpoons Boston brewery in Feb....

let me know how it goes. I was thinking of trying to pull something together in the parking lot of Harpoons Boston brewery in Feb....

Hey now that would be cool. Tie it in with a Harpoon Helps event. We'll do a can drive or clothing drive .....

Back