Beef Ribs in the SF Warmer

No not everyone

I would much rather cook in the main chamber.

I just think the food comes out better with the heat flow the RF provides rather than the heat coming up from under the food.

I dont know why that is, but I do prefer cooking that way

i havent cooked in the main chamber yet...thats not until end of May, but in the warmer it sure doesnt feel like the heat is coming up from under it...it feels like an oven...just all around heat..its odd...def not like the UDS

i havent cooked in the main chamber yet...thats not until end of May, but in the warmer it sure doesnt feel like the heat is coming up from under it...it feels like an oven...just all around heat..its odd...def not like the UDS

why are you waiting?

why are you waiting?

honestly dont have that much food to necessitate it yet lol. just been cooking for the wife and I and our nephew really. This summer I will be doing bigger cooks for the church group though..then itll get some heavy use.

honestly dont have that much food to necessitate it yet lol. just been cooking for the wife and I and our nephew really. This summer I will be doing bigger cooks for the church group though..then itll get some heavy use.

I think you find on larger cuts like brisket or pork butts the main chamber works better, even if its only one piece.

In the warmer, the heat is radiating off the floor of the cooker. So it is hotter under the food whether you feel it or not

On the RF chamber, the heat is much more even. Not only does heat radiate from the RF plate, but heat (and smoke) also flow over the top of the meat before it exits the chamber.

I use it for just one butt or whatever, I dont do many large cooks. Takes about the same amount of wood either way.

well after a few hour rest took them out of the cooler..sliced them up...and ate them....the wife and nephew and I all loved them! what a success this was! These were the most tender piece of beef I have ever eaten....and I made it! lol.

I also made more green beans this time and remembered to take the plate pic before eating.
20150415_174433.jpg

If you need a neice....I'll put on a dress and pony tail my hair.

whatever it takes to get dem ribs....

Plate pic looks great!

Now let's see the main cook chamber in action.

Where are the pics from todays smoke?

just grilling some chicken breasts today....next smoke will be a whole chicken..in a few days...the wife emptied the attic(people before us left it full) and there is a garage sale saturday. so until she gets it all cleaned up my smoker is kinda stuck in there

Those ribs look FANTASTIC jbounds! *high five* Nothing better than barbecued beef on a stick!

Those ribs look FANTASTIC jbounds! *high five* Nothing better than barbecued beef on a stick!

I totally agree...my buddy from back in Texas always talks about them...kept telling me to try them out....so glad they were on sale and I did....we are all hooked now

Back