Kettle pizza or Kamado grill

I used my Kettle Pizza quite a bit and got pretty consistent good results with it. For me it was faster and more fun then cooking them on the Egg. I never got a lot experience cooking on the Egg because I moved to a Blackstone which is superior to both. But from your two choices I'd pick the kettle. Kettle requires more attention.

Before I got my Blackstone Pizza oven, which Whisky pointed out is superior to both the kettle and Kamado for cooking pizzas, I cooked a fair few pizzas on my Kamado.

They came out fine, and while I haven't cooked on the kettle using the Kettle Pizza insert, I believe the Kamado offers greater ease of use and is more efficient than the kettle. As far as taste goes, I seriously doubt there would be a difference between the two. With either, expect to use a large quantity of fuel to get to high temps, though with the kamado, your fuel will last considerably longer than the kettle, which means you can crank out more pizzas without having to refuel.

Hope this helps...

Don't buy a kamado for pizzas. I did and while they are good, I have abandoned the practice for the backstone pizza oven. The pizzas on the blackstone are flat out superior. Having said that I still love the BGEs I have. I have just abandoned pizza on them.

Don't buy a kamado for pizzas. I did and while they are good, I have abandoned the practice for the backstone pizza oven. The pizzas on the blackstone are flat out superior. Having said that I still love the BGEs I have. I have just abandoned pizza on them.

This. Way too much effort for pizza on kamados and especially if you're doing multiple pies. BS oven is far more superior and easy to do pizzas on.

Kettle Pizza is ridiculously easy and fast. Key is to get the heat up. If doing one or two pies, fire up a full chimney of briquets and then spread them around the the sides and rear in a C shape. Pull a few coals down to the middle under where the stone will be. Then drop some wood chunks onto the coals. This will raise the btus and the temp. Temp will easily climb to over 700 degrees.

If you are doing more than 2 pies, you might start with a half chimney of unlit coals spread around in a C as a base.

Agreed on blackstone over kamado for pizzas...works much, much better. Kamado can do pizza (and most everything else), but I wouldn't buy a kamadoe for primarily pizzas (I have both a blackstone and a primo kamado)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the kettle pizza and it works really well. I lay down lit coals in a half moon along the back and drop a split log on them. I've been told by several people that my kettle pizza pies are the best they've ever had.

Never had a kettle pizza but I do have the blackstone pizza oven and prefer it over my egg.

I have a blackstone pizza oven and an Akorn, they both turn out a great pie and I'm torn on what I like best. The BS is simple and fast and fun to watch but it is over to fast for me, not enough beer time. The Akorn for me is a little more work but it is funner for me, I like the mystery of what is going on in there and you can take a peek through the top vent and add a little wood smoke too.

Back