Weekend Cook.

S

sigmasmokers

I got recruited by my in-laws to cook for their family reunion this weekend so I as using this as a practice cook for an upcoming cookoff. I am cooking 2 - 10 lb Briskets, 3 Butts, 16 Thighs, 16 Legs, Saugage Links and a couple of Fatties for Breakfast for the Cook. I will start cooking tonight at about 11:00 to have everything ready in about 12 hours. I will send pictures as they come in. By the way, does this look like enough meat for 25 Adults and 15 Kids?

Steve

Steve-O,
Yeah, that looks like enough. Aeynghus and I cooked just the three butts for about as many and had a LOT of pork left over. You should be more than fine, and you'll have lots of leftovers. Wanna meet somewhere on I-44 and I'll help you eat 'em? ;)

Good luck bro.

Arlin

80 Pounds of Brisket for me this weekend. A friends Daughter is getting married. Will start preping tonight and be up early tomorrow to get Smokin'

Tropical Storm coming in here, no Q for me. I'm starting to get withdrawals, this will make 2 weeks without a cook!

Just burnin' some burgers this weekend...too many other activities going on

Steve,

Many moons ago, when we were doing competitions and feeding the masses on the Thursday night prior, we used the following formula. Take weight of raw shoulder/brisket and subtract 25%. Then depending on who you're feeding, multiply using the following variable:

Family including kids - 4
Couples - 3
Grown Men - 2

by my calculations, if you find 3 - 8lb BB's, that should feed between 54-72 people as long as you're also serving sides like beans, tater salad and slaw. Of course, I always buy more than gets eaten anyway cause I can't think of anything worse than running out of food. If you have time, figure what you start with and then what you're left with and let me know. I always seem to start off trying to do that but after a few beers, I can't count too well anyways.

I'll be throwing 7 butts on the 'dera along with a fatty or two late tonight. Total of about 42 lbs. Cooking them for a friends son's graduation party.

Got a lot of stuff going on this weekend. I think the best I'm going to muster is some burgers and hot dogs for the family. Happy smoking to you guys though.

Gotta big list of errands from the wife today, will not even be able to do burgers this weekend.

tommykendall said:
Now dats a cook!! I only got one measly rack of BB's.

Well the bar made me decide to go get 3 more racks from Costco. Bad bar bad bar. :roll:

You've got it all wrong TK, it's good bar good bar. Talked some sense into you. Why start fire for only one rack of ribs?

42 pounds of pork butt have now been on for 1 hour and temps are holding steady at 203*. As soon as find out what my White Sox did against San Diego I'm going to bed but not before I pay one more visit to my good friend Ezra Brooks.

tommykendall said:
Now dats a cook!! I only got one measly rack of BB's.

Well the bar made me decide to go get 3 more racks from Costco. Bad bar bad bar. :roll:

Why complain at least you have a reason to lite the fires. getting ready to run errands with Mrs, mod.

No smoke for me. :(
Arlene is pissing down rain on and off.
I may fire up the gas grill on the backporch and burn some fajitas later though.
Poker game tonight!

I just finished rubbing down a brisket that will go in the WSM sometime tonight. Tomorrow I have a batch of jerky curing right now that will go in, and 6 slabs of pork back ribs. Probably a fattie also.

Pork back ribs on sale at Jewel for $2.99 per pound. They look pretty decent.

Yeah, that looks like enough meat to go around. For me, it si Jerky all the way! Looks like I'll have 15 pounds of two Beef Jerky flavors and 13 pounds of my signature jerky, everyone favorite....the "Terky Jerky"!

Who the hell am I foolin' I need to build a dedicated smoker or smokehouse here soon.

A butt, A chuck roast, Some Spares, Some Beef Rbs, some fatties and ABTs for me today.

Back