Low Carb Pizza on YS640

Whisky

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm trying this "lower" carb thing for a bit to shed some pounds for my wedding and more importantly my upcoming hunting season. :razz: Two things that kill me, pizza and beer. Well I cut the beer back and now attempted a pizza I can eat once in a while without completely blowing the diet. It's the Fathead Low Carb recipe you can find online. 4 ingredients, mozzarella cheese, almond flour, cream cheese and egg make the crust. You pre bake it then top it and finish until done. I didn't have very high expectations as I love my pizza. In the end I was satisfied but it was certainly not as good as the real thing. I did eat more then I should have and I will say I didn't get the overstuffed feeling that's usually normal when I hammer some pizza. I felt good afterwards. I would maybe make it again. Or I will make the good stuff and attempt portion control instead. :wink:

Last edited:
I know some people that have made a crust out of Cauliflower, and said it was great, that is my next project..

The wife and I just started a keto diet today and Fathead pizza is on the menu for Friday. That looks great.

For the record, we tried the cauliflower crust and well, it was not that great. There's simply too much moisture in it.

man that looks good. What was the texture of the crust like?

The crust is majority shredded mozz. So it's a little greasy, and very rich. The texture however was similar to a thin crust pizza. After i did the pre bake I flipped the crust and put the toppings on and then baked it longer then they say to get the bottom done again, and heat up the tops. This made a firmer pizza which I think was good.

If I do it again I would go heavier on the sauces to help balance out the richness.

The wife and I just started a keto diet today and Fathead pizza is on the menu for Friday. That looks great.

For the record, we tried the cauliflower crust and well, it was not that great. There's simply too much moisture in it.

I was contemplating trying that next. We shall see. I found a review online where they did a side by side and it was split evenly on liking the cauliflower and Fathead.

I was contemplating trying that next. We shall see. I found a review online where they did a side by side and it was split evenly on liking the cauliflower and Fathead.

Sounds like a thick crust vs thin type thing. I know lots of people swear by the cauliflower, just wasn't our style of za.

Sounds like a thick crust vs thin type thing. I know lots of people swear by the cauliflower, just wasn't our style of za.

Yup you're right, the review did say the cauliflower is better for a thicker crust.

Back