Please Join Us In the "Cured" Throwdown! Submit Your Entries for a Chance to Win Tasty Simply Marvelous Rubs! Ends April 3rd!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is..."Cured"

1427109_bluetang.jpg

This was Bluetang's winning entry in the 2010 "Home Cured & Smoked" Throwdown.

As chosen by Smoke Ninja for winning the "Ribs!" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

smoke ninja said:
Being near St Patrick's day and Easter let's do something "Cured"!
Anything is game as long as it's been cured. It doesn't have to be home cured, so store-bought items that are already cured are just fine.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/17/17 through
the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 4/3/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 4/3/17

Please post your entries HERE, NOT in this Qtalk thread!

Also, if you have not entered a Throwdown before,

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

simplymarvelousavatar_zpsswrolus3.jpg

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Ive got a few things working in the cure....now what to do with them

Ive got a few things working in the cure....now what to do with them

Same here. I knew I had to get cracking to get a cure done, but have changed my plan about 27 times.

Face bacon was going to come into play, but the pig head I had was missing too much skin for that so plan B right out of the gate. It is good though.....gets those creative juices flowing.

Same here. I knew I had to get cracking to get a cure done, but have changed my plan about 27 times.

Face bacon was going to come into play, but the pig head I had was missing too much skin for that so plan B right out of the gate. It is good though.....gets those creative juices flowing.

Just a reminder to all that it doesn't have to be home cured.....but it is more fun

Hrm. I think a cured contest needs a wee bit longer runtime. I've got something in mind, but even if I started tonight, it'd take at least 3 weeks...

Hrm. I think a cured contest needs a wee bit longer runtime. I've got something in mind, but even if I started tonight, it'd take at least 3 weeks...

Not to worry - if you read the category description, you will see you can also use store bought cured items which opens up all kind of possibilities:

Anything is game as long as it's been cured. It doesn't have to be home cured, so store-bought items that are already cured are just fine.

Plenty of time to get a home cure in. I've read many 5-7 day cures. View it as a challenge to overcome rather than an obstacle.

Also this is a pretty open throwdown imo.

Bacon is cured. You can put bacon on anything. Moink balls, abt's, heck a BLT would qualify (as long as it follows basic TD rules of course)

4 more days left before this ends! Let's see some more entries, folks!

I hope I can enter....having problems getting pictures uploaded....

Back