Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Great Miller Lite Chili and Bbq Cookoff Oct 3-4

MattG

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We won't be there unfortunately. Too hard to do back to back comps for me with the babies. I've heard the sign up was pretty low for this one a couple weeks ago still. Good luck this weekend Matt!

As of today they had twenty-something paid teams plus a few others who are saying they will be bringing the entry fee with them. More than enough to be a Jack qualifier for a first year KCBS contest.

Weather promises to be picture perfect, and the chili cookoff brings out people by the thousands. Though the BBQ contest addition is new, the event has been running for 35 years! You know it as to be a well produced show to last that long. It's all for a good charity, so if you can't manage to come cook, come out anyway and enjoy as a spectator!

edit: Don't forget this is one of the last chances to capture GBC points this season!

Last edited:
We won't be there unfortunately. Too hard to do back to back comps for me with the babies. I've heard the sign up was pretty low for this one a couple weeks ago still. Good luck this weekend Matt!

There will be more that a few heavy hitters at this one. We can also share some the Pots "Happy" Rub weve been making. It's what got us first place last week and 7th place Pork. But we're really going because it raises money for Camp Twin Lake. The camp brings in children that probably not going to live another year. And the camp gives them an experience of a lifetime. Just an awesome awesome awesome camp.

Back