Roll Call. Inside 30 days. WinnaVegas Rib Master Classic Sloan, IA Oct 11-12

They were at 15 teams on Friday, so at least we should be safe as a qualifier.

I don't know if I was in that count or not. I emailed the registration and The organizer was supposed to call me back to take my credit card over the phone on Thursday and never called me back. figured it would be easy for them to do that and save the hassle of mailing a check. So I just mailed them a check Monday.

I was told as of 9/27 there were 20 teams signed up and 13 more verbally saying they were coming. I would expect 30 teams. It should be nice fall weather! Looking forward to some friendly competition!

Eggspert

For those coming who I haven't met yet, stop at my trailer and have a beer. If we have met, well come over for a beer too. I have a black enclosed trailer with my team name logo on it. You can't miss it. Last call heroes bbq. Will be pulling in Saturday late morning. The number 1 reason I do this is to meet new friends.

has anyone heard latest count on teams registered? They have yet to even confirm they received my check which was sent over a week ago sent USPS 2nd day. Have not been impressed with the communication of the contest organizer which worries me on how well the contest will be ran.

Not all competitions send out information/confirmations out prior to the contest. I wish they did, but it does not happen. It's a first year competition, so hang on and enjoy the ride! You can email if you are concerned about them receiving your payment. They have a max team limit of 50, so it will be under that for total.

Eggspert

Did anyone find out if we could set-up Friday. I haven't signed up but was thinking about it. Thanks!

Did anyone find out if we could set-up Friday. I haven't signed up but was thinking about it. Thanks!
I will ask and see if I hear back. I'm going to guess for as bad as they want people to do their peoples choice that they would allow it. I'll post what/if I hear back.

The response i got:

[FONT=&quot]You can arrive, but the spots are not going to be given out tell Saturday morning. 8am[/FONT]

I did get a response yesterday that People's Choice is 4-5 slabs and they are turned in, not served by the teams (I'm assuming blind, although they didn't actually say that).

I did get a response yesterday that People's Choice is 4-5 slabs and they are turned in, not served by the teams (I'm assuming blind, although they didn't actually say that).
are you doing peoples choice? I have given up on it. Been screwed too many times working my ass off to serve the best possible to the public only for locals with half ass BBQ to win.

I'm pretty sure I'm way out of my league going to this one after hearing some of the names signed up. I guess someone's gotta be last! Oh well, it will be fun. It's only money, can't take it with your when your dead.

I'm pretty sure I'm way out of my league going to this one after hearing some of the names signed up. I guess someone's gotta be last! Oh well, it will be fun. It's only money, can't take it with your when your dead.

What names have you heard? How did you heard them? Trying to decide. Either sand and stain the deck or cook. What's the weather forecast like?

are you doing peoples choice? I have given up on it. Been screwed too many times working my ass off to serve the best possible to the public only for locals with half ass BBQ to win.

I was going for 3rd, that still pays $200. Like I said, I'm assuming that this one is blind since the ribs are turned in.

I've seen your scores, you're not coming in last unless you miss a turn-in.

Anybody have a team list?

I know several of the Omaha teams aren't going to be there, but I assume that Des Moines and parts west will make an appearance. I've heard that there are some decent teams from that area. :grin:

Back