Jaccard on Chicken Skin

RubLover

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Since most of the threads on this have expired, I will ask again.

When using a jaccard on chicken thigh skin, do you either separate the skin or fold it back and then just use the jaccard on the skin?

When I attempted to do the jaccard on the thigh - it was difficult and dangerous.

Folding the skin back or separating worked much better - however should I put something between the skin and the cutting board to not dull the jaccard?

When i used to do it I cut the bottom off of a big apple so it sat flat, then lay the skon over the apple and stab away!

Since most of the threads on this have expired, I will ask again.

When using a jaccard on chicken thigh skin, do you either separate the skin or fold it back and then just use the jaccard on the skin?

When I attempted to do the jaccard on the thigh - it was difficult and dangerous.

Folding the skin back or separating worked much better - however should I put something between the skin and the cutting board to not dull the jaccard?

Try putting the skin onto something else, like a chicken breast, that will allow the jaccard to penetrate.

BTW, threads do not expire. There is a point where the system reminds you that you are replying to an older thread, but all you have to do is check the little box acknowledging that and you can post. If a post is on topic an continues the conversation in the thread, there is nothing wrong with doing that.

When I do it I leave the skin on and gently work it, even over the thigh bone. I use enough pressure to pierce the skin but not enough to bend the blades. I put the thigh on a wood cutting board adn give each thigh maybe 6 or so "applications". I liked the technique.

I jaccard on the thigh, three times on each side of bone and through meat and three times perpendicular to bone and I don't push too hard. I have broken a bone or two when perpendicular so be careful

Last edited:
Back