• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Discussion Thread -> "I'd Hit That!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"I'd Hit That!"

BobBrisket.jpg

This was BobBrisket's Winning Entry in the 2009 Taco Throwdown.

As chosen by BobBrisket for winning the "Chorizo"Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

BobBrisket said:
I liked Gore's idea. Let's do an I'd Hit That! TD. Category is open to FOOD! Yes, food is a special rule! :becky: Maybe this will open it up for more to enter and they can make muffins, pumpkins, garlic, onions, fried, smoked, baked, chicken fried or even cook up guinea pigs, or share a meal with Fido. :biggrin1:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/17 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/27/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/27.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Gheesh Bob, haven't you figured out by now that if Gore suggested it, then it's probably a really stupid idea. I never listen to that farker. He always leads me astray. :tsk:

Is it too late to suggest something else? :noidea: Mods, a little help here for the noob who picked this category. He obviously hasn't been with us very long.

Gheesh Bob, haven't you figured out by now that if Gore suggested it, then it's probably a really stupid idea. I never listen to that farker. He always leads me astray. :tsk:

Is it too late to suggest something else? :noidea: Mods, a little help here for the noob who picked this category. He obviously hasn't been with us very long.

That guy came up with it, Im thinking it's only fair that he enters this one. :heh:

That guy came up with it, Im thinking it's only fair that he enters this one. :heh:

I'd be all over this, but the Mods here are a couple of stuck-up elitists and won't let me use the only grill available to me. Apparently, my grill isn't good enough for their silly contests. :tsk:

Did someone say something? :confused: Perhaps I was mistaken.

Now then...

I would like to remind all of you miscreants that THIS is the I'd Hit That!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only) thread.

And also:

12. If you have ANY problems with ANY of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for ANY reason, please use the VOTE thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. DO NOT post any complaints in the Throwdown threads about any entry. DO NOT complain about those entries to the moderator (me). DO NOT complain to the person who made the entry via PM or any other means, as this could be construed as a personal attack which is against forum rules. Any complaints or attacks posted in any Throwdown thread will be deleted, or worse.

13. If you have ANY problems with a particular Throwdown, for ANY reason, please remember that participation in these Throwdowns is voluntary and you can always choose to not participate in that particular Throwdown.

That is all! :yo:

12. If you have ANY problems with ANY of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for ANY reason, please use the VOTE thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries.

You mean like, say, if they aren't actually food?

Me, please accept this as my entry to the "I hope Bob Hits This" TD...

May I present my Pecan Smoked Bourbon Pecan Pie cooked up at North Texas Bash on Major.

I cooked up 2 of them since folks liked it so much at the Spring Bash.

386C425D-C430-4AAE-9C6C-2549B7A90E03.jpg

F9DFF56B-8460-4FBA-95A3-E824DB56160B.jpg

BEA92CB0-ADD0-42EB-ADA3-D5BD2A84AF62.jpg

BBD75E58-228A-4728-9EA4-54A9ED0C661B.jpg

D87B087F-0C12-4639-8300-F64FD78A37AF.jpg

The shot above is my entry shot!

Im out.:tsk:
We cooked a piece of milk fed lamb that was a piece of crap.
tasteless and Bleh
I hope you all have better luck.

I made a fabulous cup of grilled herbal tea, but the pics don't do it justice and I'm suspecting it wouldn't even make the voting thread.

Maybe some pork steaks, mashed taters with gravy and some 50/50 collard and mustard greens cooked in pork fat and homemade chicken stock. Maybe, I'm just throwing it out there.

Bob

Maybe some pork steaks, mashed taters with gravy and some 50/50 collard and mustard greens cooked in pork fat and homemade chicken stock. Maybe, I'm just throwing it out there.

Bob

That sounds terrible. Don't bother entering it! :crazy:

Me, please accept this as my entry to the "I hope Bob Hits This" TD...

May I present my Pecan Smoked Bourbon Pecan Pie cooked up at North Texas Bash on Major.

I cooked up 2 of them since folks liked it so much at the Spring Bash.

386C425D-C430-4AAE-9C6C-2549B7A90E03.jpg

F9DFF56B-8460-4FBA-95A3-E824DB56160B.jpg

BEA92CB0-ADD0-42EB-ADA3-D5BD2A84AF62.jpg

BBD75E58-228A-4728-9EA4-54A9ED0C661B.jpg

D87B087F-0C12-4639-8300-F64FD78A37AF.jpg

The shot above is my entry shot!
I'd hit that.............Mrs. Brisket would tear it a new one! Fer real!:becky:

Back