Boneless Pork Belly @ Costco help Needed

How I like it...

Cross hatch score the skin
Rub with EVOO
Rub with generous portion of sea salt

Meat then gets rubbed with favorite bbq rub. Pit temp at 375 and cook until internal temp is 145*. Skin should be crispy. Slice with sharp knife. Great as a stand alone or in tacos, sandwiches or anything else frankly.

Smoke it for 5-6 hours till it's butter.
IMO even better than bacon.

I bought one of these bellies as well and cut it up into a few pieces and froze it. I'd like to smoke one, bacon one, and braise one.

Gimme some details on how to smoke it! its skin on too.

Around here I can almost always find bone in belly at the Asian stores.

The Korean wife will sometimes bring this home from the Asian market, but it will be sliced bacon thin with the bones still in it. They will fry it up like bacon and the serve it in a lettuce wrap with rice, beans paste, and jalapeño and garlic slivers. Roll the whole ting into a ball, shove it in your mouth, and chew it all up. The bone slivers are a little weird for me, but they don't seem to mind.

I bought one of these bellies as well and cut it up into a few pieces and froze it. I'd like to smoke one, bacon one, and braise one.

Gimme some details on how to smoke it! its skin on too.

I don't do anything special with it...marinade it and/or rub it...smoke it till butter,usually between the 4-6 hours.
Usually I cook it at 350F.
Don't know what the internal temp should be...never checked the temp on porkbelly.
Most of the time I take the skin off cause I can't the crispyness that I want.
You cannot Phark the porkbelly up easily because the high Phat content.

Why last time Enrico?

Can't speak for the man himselPh but I'm guessing he meant it is the only time he has cooked porkbelly.

I like to cover the meat side with the rub of the day, let it set up for a day, roll it up and tie it off and then put it on my BGE for about 20 hours at 200 to 225. It bastes itself as the fat renders off, (and there is a lot of fat-need a deep drip pan). Incredibly good!

I don't do anything special with it...marinade it and/or rub it...smoke it till butter,usually between the 4-6 hours.
Usually I cook it at 350F.
Don't know what the internal temp should be...never checked the temp on porkbelly.
Most of the time I take the skin off cause I can't the crispyness that I want.
You cannot Phark the porkbelly up easily because the high Phat content.

Can't speak for the man himselPh but I'm guessing he meant it is the only time he has cooked porkbelly.

Smoked a chunk of it this weekend on the BGE. Scored it and rubbed with salt, pepper and a little black ops(all I had on hand) and smoked for about 4 or 5 hours til it was butter. We ate it as an appetizer to the brisket. Probably some of the more unbelievable smoked meat I've had. Brisket came out great but couldn't touch the pork belly IMO. Thanks for the help!

Google Pitmaster X's Pork Belly.

If I drop another 20 pounds, I will go to Costco and buy some.

I miss bacon and bellies.

Was maybe going to start a new thread today asking a pork belly question, but seems like I could ask here just as well.

Doing a fantasy football draft party this sunday. Everyone was asked to bring a nice app. Was thinking I could smoke some belly until "butter" as you guys say, try to crisp the skin at the end, then cube up into single servings and serve with a toothpick. Only thing is I need to cook/prep completely at my house then transfer to the party. I am trying to figure out how well it will hold during transfer. If wrapped in foil/insulated I am sure it will be hot, but will the skin texture hold up? Any other ideas? Thanks,

Was maybe going to start a new thread today asking a pork belly question, but seems like I could ask here just as well.

Doing a fantasy football draft party this sunday. Everyone was asked to bring a nice app. Was thinking I could smoke some belly until "butter" as you guys say, try to crisp the skin at the end, then cube up into single servings and serve with a toothpick. Only thing is I need to cook/prep completely at my house then transfer to the party. I am trying to figure out how well it will hold during transfer. If wrapped in foil/insulated I am sure it will be hot, but will the skin texture hold up? Any other ideas? Thanks,

How far are you away from the gig?

Next day pork belly skin won't be crisp by normal reheating methods.

I haven't ever wrapped the belly, but I think the residual heat would soften the crispiness you worked for.

Back