• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Prime Rib pr0n - And Great Leftover Technique

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Yesterday I smoked a seven lb, three bone, rib roast. This is the first time ever I did this and it came out amazing. I rubbed with Worcestershire sauce and Montreal Steak Seasoning. I removed the bones and tied the roast up to make it round. Fired up the Backwoods with KBB and cherry wood to 275 degrees. I put the bones in a drip pan under the roast. Took the IT to 135 (some family members don't like medium rare) and then let it rest for 15 minutes. I sliced it and the ends were medium and the center slices were perfectly cooked.

Today we took the leftover slices and rubbed them with garlic. Fired up the gas grill to 500 degrees and briefly seared each side for two minutes. This was almost better than the slices from yesterday!

Attachments

• IMG_1264.JPG
    IMG_1264.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 303
Definitely on my list of things to cook, Just never pulled the trigger. Cooking one soon for sure! Your's looks farkin delicious!

yum! I only do that at Christmas. It is special indeed. Actually quite easy to do and always comes out great. Glad you have discovered how great it can be. I cook mine a little lower (no more than 250) as we all like it Medium Rare. It comes out the same color end to end.

I don't understand how some people do not like rare/medium rare. When I got married the second time, made sure the new missus liked rare/medium rare. I think it is more flavorful and tender.

Oh my, That is on my list too do.

Definitely on my list of things to cook, Just never pulled the trigger. Cooking one soon for sure! Your's looks farkin delicious!

Why the wait ? If it's cost or size, you don't have to do a whole or even half loin. Next time ribeye is on sale, ask your butcher for a 2 or 3 bone segment. It will smoke up just like a whole or half loin.

Yesterday I smoked a seven lb, three bone, rib roast. This is the first time ever I did this and it came out amazing. I rubbed with Worcestershire sauce and Montreal Steak Seasoning. I removed the bones and tied the roast up to make it round. Fired up the Backwoods with KBB and cherry wood to 275 degrees. I put the bones in a drip pan under the roast. Took the IT to 135 (some family members don't like medium rare) and then let it rest for 15 minutes. I sliced it and the ends were medium and the center slices were perfectly cooked.

Today we took the leftover slices and rubbed them with garlic. Fired up the gas grill to 500 degrees and briefly seared each side for two minutes. This was almost better than the slices from yesterday!

Oh man, that's a nice looking PR. :clap2:

I don't understand how some people do not like rare/medium rare. When I got married the second time, made sure the new missus liked rare/medium rare. I think it is more flavorful and tender.

I hear ya, but if I were to cook rare for the wife, I would be looking at a second marriage. And after 33 years, it's too late to train a new wife.

Back