Discussion Thread -> "Easter Feast & Leftovers" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Easter Feast & Leftovers"

easter-candy-400x400_zpsf431315b.jpg

As chosen by Bluesman for winning the "Extravaganza of Peppers!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Bluesman said:
Moose,

How about....Easter Feast and Leftovers. Covers the weekend and all through the week. Some great dishes come out of Holiday leftovers. .....no special rules.... none...nadda. Have at it....:thumb:
Bluesman

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/18 through Sunday 4/27.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 4/28

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
my first throwdown

so I am not totally prepared for a throw down but did happen to make leftovers from my baby back ribs cooked on Saturday for Easter.

Next time I will be sure to have better pictures and cook thread.

Anyhow, for the ribs I used Cookstons recipe. This may have been the first recipe I have EVER followed to a T. Smoked on the UDS, those were some seriously good ribs.

IMG_0949.jpg

So the next day I had about a half a rack left so I used one of my Great Grandmothers recipes for "burnt green beans". Basically just fresh beans, pan fried in olive oil with garlic, onions, lots of S&P. I of course added the chopped rib pieces. This pic in not the finished product as they were not quite "burnt" yet. (kicking myself now for not getting the final product) anyways please consider this my official entry and I promise to be more prepared next time:boxing:

IMG_0953.jpg

Ultimate Turkey Easter Thowdown entry

Tried PatioDaddio's brine recipe for Easter.
9lb. unenhanced bird.
Brined for about 14 hrs.
Roasted on the SS performer for 2.5 hrs @ 325 - 350.
Sides were Mashed Yukon Gold taters,
Baked Butternut squash with Pepper, EVOO, Brown Sugar and drizzled with Molasses.
Gravy, Stuffing, Cranberry sauce, Red Cabage Salad. and Asparagus spritzed with EVOO and Sea salt and grilled.
Pineapple upside down cake for desert.
Everything was great!
Thanks for looking.

Bird:
55CA83D1-3EB1-4679-AE94-9466AA564EED.jpg

Entry Plate Shot:
40C646C3-DFCA-4364-AC3E-596331795F15.jpg

Here is my Official entry

Double Smoked Ham on the Weber..........
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg354/fullertone/Best%20Pron/Easter%202014/100_2034.jpg

And the Money Shot. Double ham wit ah DD maples syrup and pineapple juice glaze, taters, Polish Sausage wit da kraut and noodles der hey, den ve got some more Polish vit a mi of horseradish and ah mustard. Some homade rolls and da buttah and ah for dessert Pecan Pie. Hope you enjoy...........I did.......:thumb:

Last edited:
Back