• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Your choice of BBQ servingware

cerpika

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I've always liked the rectangle metal plates (with a piece of paper between that and the food) that several BBQ joints around me use for BBQ plates. Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck finding out where I can purchase them. If you have a source, I'd love to know where I can acquire them.

I'm also curious to what your favorite servingware is for your backyard BBQing... What type of dinner plates add the perfect touch to your BBQ greatness, or do you just stick with the good ol' paper plates....?

We only do mobile vending and catering gigs. My son (a millennial) tells me that one of the factors in his choice of which food truck to eat from is whether the wares are eco-friendly. If the to-go containers are styrofoam and the utensils are plastic, he passes it by regardless of how good the food might be. He also told me that many of his friends/coworkers think the same way.

So with that in mind I am using Kraft #3 recycled containers, and utensils made from corn starch that dissolve in water.

I've been to a few different bbq restaurants that use various metal trays. In Colorado I remember being served a sampler on a upside down metal trashcan lid!

The included picture are called sheet pans in the biz

Half would fit about 3 baby backs
Quarter would fit a 10lb butt for size reference.

Restaurant depot always have them in stock in my neck of the woods.

ALXP-1013.jpg

Back