class reconmendations

joeraz007

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Looking to take a class or two this winter looking for suggestions on who's classes are worth taking. I cook on a jambo andi am also buying a deep south this winter. I have taken smoking hoggz class and also mike davis class. Just looking to expand my knowledge. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Travel to Michigan and take Pellet Envy's class. He cooks on a Jambo. That would be my suggestion. Made a world of difference to take a class from someone that uses the same equipment I do.

I would also second going to a class where the instructor cooks on the same "Style" of cooker. It doesn't have to be a jambo, but i would definitely take a class from someone that cooks on an offset since that is what you are cooking on.

With that being said, i would highly recommend Rods class or Travis Clarks.

I think it depends what you're looking for. If you want to follow someones timeline to an exact and replicate their process, find a class that cooks on a Jambo. If you are looking for an edge, find a winning team, regardless of what they cook on and take the class.

I don't think you could go wrong taking any of the classes from some of the current top cooks. Take a look at the Gateway class, Clark Crew, Tuffy's class, Pellet envy and Warren Co. pork choppers if they are still doing classes.

Donny Teel Buffalo BBQ Class. He cooks on a jambo..it made me change the way I think about competitive BBQ. I don't cook on a stick burner BTW. Can't say enough about his processes and techniques. The thing I really like is that when I still have I question to this day, he's willing help.

Thanks everyone for all the great info I am going to look at all the classes everyone here has suggested

If your cooking on a jambo you definitely need to take the Clark Crew BBQ class (I think the next one is in January). Travis does an amazing job covering his entire comp cook, and his tips and knowledge with the Jambo puts it over the top.

I don't cook on a jambo, but after that class I am looking for a way to afford one!

i guess I should have thought this post out a little better. It makes the most sense to me to find someone who cooks on a jambo. So who would be the best class to take for cooking on a jambo?

i guess I should have thought this post out a little better. It makes the most sense to me to find someone who cooks on a jambo. So who would be the best class to take for cooking on a jambo?

Tuffy Stone
Rod Grey
Johnny Trigg
Travis Clark
Donny Teel

All cook on Jambos and you can't go wrong with any of them

I will tell you i have taken Rods and Travis's classes and feel 100% confident that both of them gave you their exact recipes they use in comps. I have heard from others who have taken other classes and have not felt the same.

Tuffy Stone
Rod Grey
Johnny Trigg
Travis Clark
Donny Teel

All cook on Jambos and you can't go wrong with any of them

Would someone kindly give a similar list of recommendations for classes taught on a Deep South? (Kind of the OP's original question too)

Back