• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ experience in Texas

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Went to a restaraunt in Huntsville, Texas over the weekend. The New Zion Missionary Baptist Church's BBQ. Yes, it is on the Church's property. I called the phone number and the recording gives you Church service times and info and then breaks off to BBQ info. I thought that was too funny.:biggrin: What a place. Now this is REAL Texas BBQ. This place is rated in the top 10 for brisket in the state. Their sausage is the BEST. Ribs and Chicken could be better. Brisket is the best I've ever had. I sat down and vivited with the owner for quite a while and he shared a lot of really good info. I hope I can use what he showed and told me to better my brisket.

Houston003w.jpg

Houston007w.jpg

Houston008w.jpg

Houston011w.jpg

This place is on the top of my list.....I have probably eaten here 50 times....didn't hurt that I lived no more than an hour away for thirty some odd years.......I recommend it every chance I get! glad you enjoyed it:mrgreen:

I love that place. I always make it point to eat there when I am in Huntsville.

Only in Texas would you get by with that? most health dept would crap all over it just goes to show you good Q come from the shacks not tourist joints

They were mentioned in Legends of Texas BBQ and Smokestack lighting.

Thank you so much - we're relocating our church so maybe I can get the building committee to add bbq shack -

Change the sign from "Pastor Russ" to "Pastor and Pitmaster Russ"

Only in Texas would you get by with that? most health dept would crap all over it just goes to show you good Q come from the shacks not tourist joints
Yes, indeed. Ate here and thought it was fantastic. Ate at the Pappas BBQ in S. Houston and tasted like I licked the smoker lid. Same holds true for good al pastor tacos in TX.

Back