Bacon Outcome

Lordkifar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I want to thank all the folks who responded to my Bacon curing questions and a big thanks to MisterChister for his spot on recipe regarding quanitities. Cured pork belly over the past 6 days and took it out rinsed and smoked till 165 internal.

Sliced it up and it looked like this:
28676803454_b32380acf8_b.jpg

Then on to the blackstone griddle where it turned up like this:
29191277082_f0c4650e5a_b.jpg

Saltiness was spot on and the taste was incredible! Past a portion on to a friend who loved it.

I also wind up curing some with maple and whiskey....I know some of you mentioned that not much will penetrate but it wind up penetrating quite well....so much so, that I cannot eat this bacon and drive :-D....just kidding of course but a very pronounced whiskey flavor.....will lay low on the alcohol and just glaze with it (and maple syrup) near the end.

Note: slices look small as I had cut the pork belly in half so.....this time I am curing a whole piece that is intact.

Folks, I seriously love this place and the wealth of information and advice people so readily are willing to share!

Turned out very well! Nothing better than making your own instead of buying it in the store.

Chris's formula is the one I've copied for my bacon.

Back