• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hasty Bake Questions

Bill-B-Que

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I am hoping to get some feedback from people that own a Hasty Bake. Iam wanting to do Competition Chicken on a Hasty Bake. I compete mostly in Texas so I do a combination of IBCA and KCBS contests. Is it possible to obtain the nice deep red color on the half chickens cooking on the Hasty Bake? I have read a lot of info on how good of the grill they are but not a grill/smoker. I am also thinking ahead to the steak cook-offs that are becoming big. I am thinking that if I get the Hasty bake I can kill to birds with one stone with having a awesome steak cooker and using it for competition chicken. Also what size Hasty Bake works good for competitions? Thank you for any input you may have,

Hi Bill,

I love my Hasty Bakes. I cook full KCBS and IBCA contests on two Legacy's. I also cook on a Hasty when I do steak cook offs. Last year I was invited to the National cookoff. Today I am cooking 2 full packers, 2 pork butts and a bunch of hot links and balogna for my mothers work party. With the heat shield they are a great smoker. My family has been cooking on them since the early 50's so I'm a bit biased. If you take a look at my album you can see some of the stuff I have cooked. PM me with any questions. Good luck

This was my first contest so they presentation is horrendous, but we won GC none the less. My team consisted of me and my 8 year old daughter. Packers and butts cook in ~ 5hours.

Last edited:
Back