Grilled Money Muscle -- A new favorite

That's money!

Lol, That was funny.

Looks great. Never tried it on pork - Guess I better expand my uses

These were steak like and went great with the medallions neighbor. Thanks again! Stuff is great. :thumb:

I have a bone in thawing in the fridge and plan on smoking it tomorrow, think I'll separate and smoke the butt as planned then give these medallions a go early next week.

Thanks for posting your cook Sako :thumb:

You'll like it Kevin. It's got a "beefy" texture to it. You'd think you're having steak.

Wow, those look good... Don't need any sides...

Thanks Terry! Just a simple salad to cleanse the palate in between the delicious bites.

Couple of those pics do kind of look like a nice beef sirloin. Makes me wonder how they'd do if you cut them thicker, then reverse Sear.

Yep!! I was going to cut them thick and reverse sear but we had to eat so I kept them at about 1 1/4" thick.

Don't EVER tell the non-brethren world about this. Supermarkets will find a way to market this cut and charge $8 a lb. for it! :-D

LMAO, :pound: Exactly what I was think as I was posting the thread. This is brethren exclusive and anything good like this had to be shared with y'all. Let's keep it a family secret because that's exactly what will happen once the masses discover this.:biggrin1:

Wait wait wait... What on earth is the money muscle?!?!

I'd like to see how that "money muscle" is removed. Heck...I don't even know what it is.

The money muscle of a pork butt is on the opposite end the bone is on. You can tell what it is by the heavily marbled fat in the muscle (looks kind of like tiger stripes). You can simply slice it off by cutting about 1.5-2inches from the leading edge of the money muscle.

I think a sammich of that would be fantastic - but instead of bread use other pieces of MM, of course. :hungry:

Looks fantastic and is inspiring, Sako - thanks for posting!

There you go Greg! That's why I like sharing ideas here. I've got a few things in mind also. This was a test cook of sorts.

Thanks brother!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
There is a butt in my frige waiting for the smoke this weekend, I'm gonna try to find that sucker and separate it:-D

I'd like to see how that "money muscle" is removed. Heck...I don't even know what it is.

Pretty straight forward Jim. Here's my first time removing it.

mxHEHWph.png

7FvC8mzh.png

Marbleization is insane

nb8zCu1h.png

There is a butt in my frige waiting for the smoke this weekend, I'm gonna try to find that sucker and separate it:-D

You can't miss it Tom! Ren above gave a good description of where it's at. I actually made capicola and ham from the money muscle also. Both were insanely good. I just took a larger chunk out which included the money muscle. Truly an amazing cut.

9jKjK1th.png

n3QG6l2h.png

HRvj1dgh.jpg

Wow, thanks for posting this, Sako - we will be trying this very soon!

On another note, I see your "ladyfriend" has now officially graduated to "GF"!

:boink:

:mrgreen:

Holy crap that capicolla and ham money muscle looks fantastic.

I need to try curing it to add to a charcuterie board!

Wow, thanks for posting this, Sako - we will be trying this very soon!

On another note, I see your "ladyfriend" has now officially graduated to "GF"!

:boink:

:mrgreen:

Thanks Richard! Give it a try for sure. So much can be done with it flavor wise.

Yes, she advanced to the next level. Getting used to the domestication again. :becky: So far so good.

Holy crap that capicolla and ham money muscle looks fantastic.

I need to try curing it to add to a charcuterie board!

Wait till you taste it. :nod:

Thanks Richard! Give it a try for sure. So much can be done with it flavor wise.

Yes, she advanced to the next level. Getting used to the domestication again. :becky: So far so good.

She's a lucky gal! :thumb:

Lucky gal for sure!!
Looks nommy x 10 Neighbor! :thumb::becky:

Back