• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pulled Lamb Shoulder with Cumin and Chili

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
G'Day Bruces!:becky:

Sorry about the delay in getting this post up. I was pretty upset about what's going to be the entry photo for the "Lamb" TD... Full disclosure being that I was absolutely sh!tfaced when I took the plating pics. I hadn't planned to be, but during the day I had a few glasses of wine (as you will see) and right at the end I had a neighbor pour me two serious glasses of scotch and I'm not as able to absorb all that any more now I'm less than 170#. :icon_blush:

I was wanting to do it all over again, but never got the chance so I have to go with this one.:tsk:

Well, in the beginning everything was fine. I had it all together with the spices, onions, and some very nice EVOO!
20191128-182224.jpg

And marinaded the lamb shoulder in this for 3 days!
20191128-183505.jpg

On it went with some Banksia wood for smoke!
DSCF2434.jpg

Cuppla nice shots here after it was on at 300F for about 3 hours.
DSCF2437.jpg

DSCF2441.jpg

DSCF2443.jpg

DSCF2444.jpg

I found this old bottle of wine I'd had for a very long time. I thought it would be terrible but needed it for the next step. As a matter of fact, it was outstanding :shock: and I started sipping away at this.
DSCF2446.jpg

From here it went into the cabinet smoker for a few hours until it was about 200ish.
DSCF2447.jpg

DSCF2449.jpg

Then it rested in a cooler for a few hours till dinner. Made the salads and all the other things... specifically a pumpkin mash which I had a lot of pics of as well.... But this is when I started to go off the rails with the bottle of wine and those Scotches!:crazy:

Sooooo... much later... absolutely HAMMERED.. I pulled the Lamb.
DSCF2471.jpg

And this was the salad plate:
DSCF2476.jpg

You can see where I was trying to go with this. Have a nice base of pumpkin puree, a super pretty salad and a tantalizing tower of pulled lamb on the top for your eyes to feast on...

Instead:
DSCF2477.jpg

DSCF2478.jpg

I got 2 very ordinary shots...

But the leftovers looked pretty good.
DSCF2479.jpg

And how was it?

Well, I'm told it was absolutely awesome.... but my memory is a little hazy.:sorry:

I had some for dinner the next night and it was pretty good!

Thanks for looking... I did write down the recipe if you want it... It is certainly worth doing again but without the friendly neighborly assistance next time.

Cheers!

If that's how you cook "nailed" then id love to see what you can do sober!.Or is it like the Drunken Master movies where you cook better under the influence :-D

As a fellow Melbonite we should catch up for a feed and a few beers and share the BBQ love...

If that's how you cook "nailed" then id love to see what you can do sober!.Or is it like the Drunken Master movies where you cook better under the influence :-D

As a fellow Melbonite we should catch up for a feed and a few beers and share the BBQ love...

Ahhhh, yes but only up to a point. I was well and truly past that point!

Looks great! I'm not sure I could have plated half that well if I were hammered. I would take that recipe!

Here you go!

As I wrote it down... I don't mess to much with quantities. You pretty much make it up and balance it to your own preferences.

20191210-182155.jpg

Cheers!

Its been a long minute bro!!! You still at it! looking mighty fine Brother!

Cheers

I cooked a lot yesterday. Only Two Beers and two bourbon. I awakened with a headache. I’m out of “drinking shape”.

Your food looks grand.

That looks delicious! Good to see you struggled on and also enjoyed some another evening.

Back