• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kansas City bbq

ktval

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, taking a trip to Kansas City in mid feb. my daughter will be fencing in the junior olympics ! So the question is what's the best BBQ joint to bring her to? Thanks for the help

If you want KC tradition...Gates is fine.

But if you want great Q in a nice restaurant(thinking of impressing/rewarding) your daughter...this is it. The first time I walked in...I thought foo foo and figured the food would be too....not so this is excellent bbq.

https://q39kc.com/

I went to Zartaswhen I was there, it was pretty good. I wouldn't say it was the best I've ever had or anything. Our friends that live there like Zartas for some things. But pr der Joes, I've also heard that Smokin Guns is supposed to be good. I'm looking foreword to going back and trying more.

The staples are gates and Arthur Bryant but my favorite was Oklahoma Joe's (now named Joe's Kansas city bbq) though to be honest KC doesn't know jack about smoking meat. Nothing I tried came close to even mediocre Texas BBQ.

Now sauces KC has down and almost makes up for their lack of attention to the actual smoking of meats.

Back