When grinding meat for Hamburgers.....

Big Dan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Don't forget to put the cutting blade on the grinder. It works much better that way. My meat came out like mush, and the fat kept blocking the holes on the coarse grinder. I couldn't figure it out till I took it apart. Learn by mistakes I guess. My first time. I have 2 pounds of chuck now that are gonna get it. Probably just toss the first batch of mess. It looks like those McDonald's chicken nugget pink goo.

We've all been there!! BTW, if you will be cooking your next burgers on a charcoal grill, don't forget to add the charcoal! Otherwise I find you will also end up like pink goo.

Just FYI, in case this happens to someone else; That mush added to a pot of beef stock turns into flavor. No need to toss it.

Don't forget to put the cutting blade on the grinder. It works much better that way. My meat came out like mush, and the fat kept blocking the holes on the coarse grinder. I couldn't figure it out till I took it apart. Learn by mistakes I guess. My first time. I have 2 pounds of chuck now that are gonna get it. Probably just toss the first batch of mess. It looks like those McDonald's chicken nugget pink goo.

Don't toss it
Put it in a blender with a cutting blade,add some spices and make a fatty or skinless sausage
We have all made boo boo,s

Back