Road trip to Tuscaloosa this morning!

Smoke®

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The waiting is over! Went to see Paul, Tyler and Cody this morning for a short visit at Shirley Fabrication and picked up the smoker these guys hand crafted for me. I know you guys that have one know how excellent their work is and what good folks they are, the kind you would invite over to your BBQ! My wife and I enjoyed the visit and had a good meal on the way home to unload the smoker at it's new residence, my cook shed. I put a fire in it and burned for 5 hours in both the cook chamber and warmer cabinet and found it quite easy to control the temp without any practice. I going to cook a butt, fatty, chuckie and chicken tomorrow with some seasoned apple and pecan. I hope to post some pron from the cook.

p1182366513.jpg

p1182366064.jpg

p1182366001.jpg

Looks great Smoke, is that a 24x48? also did you have Paul add the handle on the end, that's the first one I've seen. Also, is that the standard wheel setup?

Oh and ya need to update your signature. The wait is over!

awesome

I think one of the best things about Pauls pits is that every single one is custom made to order

Why by an off the shelf Lang etc when you can have you pit just how you want it for the same price or less and get a better quality cooker?

Congrats! Nothing like a new cooker built EXACTLY like you want. She looks great.

There's a lot to like about that pit.
There's a lot to like about your cookshack too.
The Shirley looks very cozy there. Congrats!

Looks great Smoke, is that a 24x48? also did you have Paul add the handle on the end, that's the first one I've seen. Also, is that the standard wheel setup?

Oh and ya need to update your signature. The wait is over!

Yes that would be the standard setup on the front end.. The back wheels are 8 inch boat trailer wheels... We just custom made an axel.... Ron was not going to be moving this cooker a lot... So i told him this setup would save him money and be best.... It moves easily.... Also he originally he had traditional doors.... When i cut the doors the pipe sprung .... Like i have never seen before... So i called Ron and asked him if he would be cool with cabinet doors at no extra cost.... And he said yes.... Boy was i happy!!!! I think he was to....... Ron it was awesome meeting you and your wife for the 2nd time... Yall are my kind of people... Down home country folks.......

Paul, is there something different with the FB/warmer? I keep looking at it and it just seems like it's a different size than usual.

It's not your eyes, Shagdog. I noticed Smoke's warmer seemed to be about double the FB size, while most I've seen, like yours, are closer to a 1:1 ratio. I ballparked it by measuring in pixels This looks to be the difference in warmer to tower size.

One other difference between the two is that you have an insulated firebox, so that may also lend to the appearance difference.

warmer_compare.png

Back