BBQ sauce question

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Looking to order some more bbq sauce. Not into making it anymore. Anyone have recommendations for a gal. Or 1/2 gal. Size? Something like kinders, or baby rays but better. I hear blues hog is good.

Blues hog is awesome, but it's real thick. Check out www.atlantabbqstore.com for a whole array of sauces, he sells quite a few in gallon or half gallon jugs. I'm kind of partial to Yes,Dear Red sauce :-D but we don't sell it in gallons (but there is a brethren discount).

I use blues hog red and original. I have been hearing good things about Swamp Boys! Had anyone tried that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use blues hog red and original. I have been hearing good things about Swamp Boys! Had anyone tried that.
I like Swamp Boys a lot but I don't think they bottle it in anything bigger than 32oz jars. That and Tennessee Red are favorites, I make sure I always have a jar or two of each.

You should check out the sauce reviews thread on the BBQ Brethren Trading Post. There are some reviews there that may guide you in a new direction.

If you like Sweet Baby Rays but want to dial the sugar back a little, I would suggest Craig's Sauce by Texas Pepper Jelly (it's not hot). If you want something more savory and less sweet you can Try Head Country BBQ Sauce. One of my favorites is made by Sanderson Foods called "Texas - Texas Good to the Bone" It's a little hard to find.

Another sweet choice is Swamp Boys Original, it's sweet and savory with a hint of vanilla undertones.

But one of the favorites for a lot of people is a mixture of Blues Hog Original and Blues Hog Tennessee Red. The amount of the mixture varies from person to person according to their individual likes.

There are a lot of great sauces out there, don't be afraid to try a new one from time to time.

http://www.atlantabbqstore.com/collections/bbqsauces

Swampboys is very good. Feel in love with it the first time we tried it. My daughter uses it all kinds of stuff. And it does come in gallon jugs.

I really like BBQ Bobs' "Hav N A BBQ. Somewhat sweet and tangy with just a hint of heat at the end....Great sauce.

When I don't feel like making my own, I really like Head Country sauces.

I like original blues hog but, in my opinion, I need to cut it with something less sweet.

For dipping sauce for pulled pork I'm a big fan of Tennessee Red. I've made my own several times with several variations but I can't say any of them are consistently better.

I make my own most of the time but if I'm out and in a pinch I'll buy famous daves.

Back