Batter up???

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have a question for you wise cookin people.
I'm making a lovely breaded boneless chic thigh for dinner and made a container of my delicious (dry) batter concoction and breaded my two thighs and put them in the cooler box too dry up a smidge.
Now the question, I as always made twice as much batter as I needed and am wondering, is there any/much bad guys in the dry batter that would keep me from reusing it in a few days? How about nuking it for 2, 3, 10 minutes?

I have watched a KFC training video (oh yes I did) and they continuously reuse their secret recipe dry batter only allowing clumps tp escape from the bottom of the breading station.
Anyway, what y'all think?
Ed

Zip lock bag, squeeze out the air. Will keep for months

Oh ya I done crossed contaminated the hell out of it!!
So heas what I done did wif the dang powder, I shooked the dang stuff through a fine mesh strainer so as all the lil wetish chunks was gone and put the fluffy (non-contaminated??) batter mix in the fridge in a air tight container.
Now I'm just gonna think and research on it for a bit.
Ed

Like these other guys said, freeze or if you will use in a couple of days refrigerator.

When I was a young lad and worked in a restaurant, that's how we did it between batches. Bread our chicken or whatever we were frying, then put the flour in the fridge until the next batch. Health Department signed off on it.......

I did some research on the www thing and after a half dozen searches it boiled down to half say pitch it and half say use it soonish.
I'm thinking some fried shrimp this week.
Ed

Back