My most “summer” meal

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Aside from grilled cheeseburgers on a Weber kettle, chicken, fried zucchini, and corn is the meal I most associate with summer when I was growing up. We’ve been in a nice cool spell here, about 75* for the high - a much needed reprieve from the heat and humidity over the last several weeks.

I took the opportunity to spin a yardbird on my Weber kettle rotisserie in the driveway this evening. It was a 5lb bird dry brined using “Bob’s Smokin’ Southern BBQ Seasoning”, and it took just under an hour to cook. Once it was approaching finishing temps I dropped some zucchini spears in the dee fryer and cooked some sweet corn on the cob.

Twas the perfect meal for today :thumb::clap2:

Got bored while cooking, random front yard flower pic (no idea what they are, but hummingbirds seem to like them)

Yep that skin will do

Time to eat

I ate my veggies first

That looks great! I need to cook more chook. Been seeing a lot of tasty ones on here recently.

looks pretty fine
you just deep fry the zuchini?

Yep...dredged in egg and buttermilk then into flour bread crumbs and some spices. I still have the deep fryer out from the other day so it was easier than pan frying, though that’s how momma used to do it...except she did rounds.

Yep...dredged in egg and buttermilk then into flour bread crumbs and some spices. I still have the deep fryer out from the other day so it was easier than pan frying, though that’s how momma used to do it...except she did rounds.

Thank you
Just mentioned this to my Wife , she said she loves it.
Has it as a side when she goes out with her mates.
G Figga, I need to pay more attention:rolleyes:

That cook is perfect for that summer time taste and feel, and I agree that the flowers look like lantana.

YUM!,but you know better than that!!!,Get UR ARSE in the backyard where that chit belongs!!!

Looks fantastic Suds! I think my ultimate summer meal is a BLT with fresh tomatoes, sweet corn and some onion and cucumber salad, but, your plate is a definite challenger

Back