Brisket: All Nighter

I may cheat....

Once I wrap with butcher paper, I may stick it in my Humphreys to finish so I can go to bed for a few hours
No shame in this brother! Good luck on the cook. I know it will turn out great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

At least you’ve get exceptional company with Four Roses! If it weren’t International Beer Day, I might be having a little sip of that too.

At least you’ve get exceptional company with Four Roses! If it weren’t International Beer Day, I might be having a little sip of that too.

giphy.gif

7f7949e44e5cc70623c57432a72838f2.jpg

That brisket doesn't stand a chance. The Shirley and your skills? It's all over but the crying...I mean the eating, yes the eating.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

That brisket doesn't stand a chance. The Shirley and your skills? It's all over but the crying...I mean the eating, yes the eating.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

I’m hoping the Shirley is my advantage, because my brisket normally sucks.

However I have been paying attention and i am hoping for the best

It's gonna be good John, checking back in the am, it's getting kinda late on the left coast

6 pm eating time?? How big of a brisket?? I would drink the Four Roses tonight, get some shut eye and crank her up at 7 am and brisket on at 8am. Our girl likes to run at 300, so 3 to 4 hours check for color and then wrap when you are happy with the color. should be off before 4pm and after a nice rest it will be ready for slicing at 6 pm. But have fun anyway you like

6 pm eating time?? How big of a brisket?? I would drink the Four Roses tonight, get some shut eye and crank her up at 7 am and brisket on at 8am. Our girl likes to run at 300, so 3 to 4 hours check for color and then wrap when you are happy with the color. should be off before 4pm and after a nice rest it will be ready for slicing at 6 pm. But have fun anyway you like

Working on a bit of over caution first time out.
Knowing that brisket holds well....

I think you are spot on though

I may cheat....

Once I wrap with butcher paper, I may stick it in my Humphreys to finish so I can go to bed for a few hours

Glad to hear this, as I've been thinking through ways to use my Shirley more without sacrificing quality time with the family. I've been doing a ton of shorter cooks, but overnight cooks make for a long day with two little ones, so I've breached the idea of shifting things to my BGE once the meat is wrapped.

Looking forward to the final product!

Glad to hear this, as I've been thinking through ways to use my Shirley more without sacrificing quality time with the family. I've been doing a ton of shorter cooks, but overnight cooks make for a long day with two little ones, so I've breached the idea of shifting things to my BGE once the meat is wrapped.

Looking forward to the final product!

I’m getting older (and lamer), I look for ways to extend my sleep anyway I can

sometimes the fun is in the quite times. I am sure it will turn out great. you are right that Briskets love a long rest and that hold really makes the difference.

I assume you sleeping and i'm getting up to get started. I'll be checking in later on to see the final!

Back