• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Newest member of cast iron fam

Love me some good cast irons! You reminded me I have a Dutch oven I found in a stream when i was trout fishing, I have to clean and season that bad boy up.

Nice! Where'd you score that one?

It was an eBay listing that ended at a weird time. 17$ skillet 9$ shipping. Absolutely perfect. Flat, no dings deep markings. There is a small "1" on the underside of curved handle. I've seen two identical skillets on collector sites for $100 plus. They describe these as Wagner manufactured with Griswold molds (Wagner bought Griswold) circa 1957.

Love me some good cast irons! You reminded me I have a Dutch oven I found in a stream when i was trout fishing, I have to clean and season that bad boy up.

There's quite a fan base on here of CI. Be sure to post up photos of the rescue

I see new form of addiction. :thumb: Very nice!!

That's a cool one. I have two newer lodges but really want to try a vintage Wagner or Griswold.

That's a cool one. I have two newer lodges but really want to try a vintage Wagner or Griswold.

Lodge makes quality cast iron. There is a difference between vintage and new Lodge. Vintage is lighter, polished cook surface, no pre seasoning. My lodge cache is pretty extensive too.

For someone just starting out Overstock.Com has a starter set that you can learn on. Then as your vintage collection grows these can be your loaners, grill skillets etc

Last edited:
Funny you post this, I have been watching a No. 7 Skillet and had placed a bid on it and won it just now. :)

Funny you post this, I have been watching a No. 7 Skillet and had placed a bid on it and won it just now. :)

#7 is a great all around size. Good job on the win!!!!

I've only seen the square one for sale one other time, and they wanted a heck of a lot more than $17 for it. Very sweet score! :thumb:

I've only seen the square one for sale one other time, and they wanted a heck of a lot more than $17 for it. Very sweet score! :thumb:

Square skillets and size #4 skillets seem to be the ones that show up the least on EBay.

They do get posted, just not as often.

This one had a really weird ending time to the Auction. Like 0610 CDT on a weekday. The items that end at 10pm on weekends seem to have more bidders. Just an observation on items I follow

Back