• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Results from my cook i did for 35 hungry hunters

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well as i said lSt week i was asked to cook up at Dr. Ross Bunches hunting lodge... He is in a group at my Church called.." Band of brothers" Dr bunch has 1500 hundred acres that he invited everyone up to hunt on.. So here we go!!!

I decided to cook beef ribs... Chicken leg quarters... Potato salad and beans... Also cooked some conecuh sausage....

Shot of the beef ribs... I cut the thick rubbery membrane off the back because it bothered me... I have cooked them with it on but decided it had to go....

Before

During

After

The potato salad.... Bell pepper.... Onions.. Egg..
Pickles.... Mustard...mayo

It's done and delicious

I only had 6 hrs to get the chicken and ribs done... We arrived later than expected.....so i went hot and fast on the beef ribs...

My friend she has here can no vest on

Random pics of the place... The inside was beautiful... All the wood came off the property and I'd Cyprus...

Beef ribs on the Shirley cooker... " i had to borrow" 1st cabinet doors i built

Getting dark the hunters are back and hungry

Me and my buddy Dewayne... He was a big help... He and his wife are like my adopted children.. Yep i am the shorter one.. I think i was standing in a hole..:)

Dr bunch was raised in Louisana... And made some awesome gumbo
Fresh crabs and oysters for the gumbo... I make great gumbo.. But his was excellent also

My bowl of gumbo... It was over the top

Chicken on the cooker

Ready to eat....

Random shots

Chicken

Beef ribs

Beans... I add hamburger meat.. Peppers... Onions... Bbq rub... Garlic powder .. Bbq sauce... Then smoke em

Conecuh sausage

Around the fire

Inside shots

It was a great time being around a buch of guys from all walks of life...

Dr bunch is a great humble guy... He is a well known plastic surgeon who actually did Sharons reconstructive surgery after her breast cancer... He asked me to call him Ross.. Hard for me to do that... You would never have a clue... That he is very wealthy.. Wears jeans and drives a 4 wheel drive truck.. And treats all people the same.... Just a great person as were all the guys...
Thx for looking... I was blessed and honored to be asked to cook for everyone..

Looks like a good time and great food. Can't beat that! Can we get the detailed potato salad recipe or is that a secret? I've tried a few that I haven't been crazy about. Always looking for a new one.

Looks like a good time and great food. Can't beat that! Can we get the detailed potato salad recipe or is that a secret? I've tried a few that I haven't been crazy about. Always looking for a new one.

Will get that for you... I am currently at the refinery... But will post later... Thx

Now that's a stack of meat!

B94F4B75-F607-4240-8D11-396BD0DA4B1E.jpg

Everything looks fantastic thank you for posting all the great pictures. :thumb:

Heck yea, brother! I can't get over that pile of beef ribs. Everything looks fantastic. You hit it outta the park!

Damn, I wish I could find beef ribs like that!

Paul, you did a great job, Brother! Everything looks great!

What rub did you end up using on the ribs and chicken?

I could live at a place like that. Does he need a caretaker?!?!?:becky:

Damn, I wish I could find beef ribs like that!

Paul, you did a great job, Brother! Everything looks great!

What rub did you end up using on the ribs and chicken?

I could live at a place like that. Does he need a caretaker?!?!?:becky:

The rub i used a fellow brethern make it... It is awesome... I think it is called pigs blanket.... Pat when you come an get the cooker this spring... Hopefully sooner thAn later.... I will have some beef ribs for you to take home and cook on the Shirley.... I could live at that place to Pat!!!!!

I love beef ribs!! Those look amazing! Whose cooker did you borrow?!?

Borrowed a Buddy'sof mine at work thAt i built him!!!!

Wonderful pictures and thanks for sharing! I hope you tossed pooch a bone, couldn't help noticing him staring at the rack of bones.

Last edited:
Back