pickled jalapenos juice

blake

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anybody have a source for pickled jalapenos, just the juice.

I am using about a quart a month, and gets old straining and dumping jalapenos out.

Thanks.

Try a local deli, they generally toss it. We get pepperoncini juice from one here.

I used to work with a guy that drink the juice from pickled peppers, although they were hotter than jalapenos. After drinking it, he couldn't hardly talk for awhile (which wasn't all that bad either).:p

I would bet that if you left an empty container with a restaurant or deli that uses them, they would gladly fill it up for you.

I've got a recipe around somewhere to make Jalapeno vinegar. If I find it I'll post.

I've got a recipe around somewhere to make Jalapeno vinegar. If I find it I'll post.

Found it. It was posted by an old member that is no longer around.

"a couple dozen jalapenos roughly chopped

32 ounces white vinegar

6 cloves garlic

a bunch of whole peppercorns

a small glop of honey

salt

Toss it all in a non-reactive pan, boil for 5 min or so, let cool, then put in a clean container and in the fridge, strain the mixture and start using it."

I think that this sounds like a lot more work than straining a jar of pickled Jalapenos and probably not cost effective either. The "Hot" vinegar is an interesting condiment though. I haven't made it in years but, my Jalapenos are coming in now and I think it's time to make some. WARNING, do this outside. The fumes are pretty strong.

I don't have my recipe handy but basically it is a regular coleslaw that you replace some of the mayo with jalapeno juice and mustard, dash of turmeric, a little sugar. I also finely dice a few of the pickled jalapenos up. My regular coleslaw has onion and carrots in it too.

It is great on fish tacos and hog dogs along with bbq sandwiches.

Local deli basically said no.

I think I am going to try a Tex-Mex place next.

Back