California Competition teams

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
You know there are a lot of teams that compete in California but none of them hang out here except 4Q. Anybody have a guess as to why?

What do you mean by "hang out", Neil? You mean do things together outside of BBQ?

Thom Emery is a brother from Indio and just formed a team with his son. i think he's competing the weekend at Smokin in the Park.

Jeff_in_KC said:
What do you mean by "hang out", Neil? You mean do things together outside of BBQ?

I think he meant visit this here forum. "none of them hang out here except 4Q".

We MOFO'S always talk it up at every contest and usually get at least one to check out the site.

I wear the hat, tell everyone about it. Even write down the address. I even link to threads here on the CBBQA site.

Nothing.

(Thom has been a brother here for a while. I was talking about new folks.)

LOL I was thinking you didnt love me anymore LOL
The Calif Comp Guys are regular on Brassos
But your right you wont see them many other places
I am active on about 7 forums,and I be lookin

Mista I will start a thread about other forums and lets
see where them fellers is goin

MrSmoker said:
Thom Emery is a brother from Indio and just formed a team with his son. i think he's competing the weekend at Smokin in the Park.

I am just stopping in to see a few folks Saturday
We are really looking forward to Lake Pleasant in AZ

I'm on here almost everyday but i don't post that often. Usually if I have input it's already been said and I don't want to repeat what has already been covered. I have been in 2 comps so far, the Modesto one in May and the Madera cook-off a few weeks ago.

blue ox said:
I'm on here almost everyday but i don't post that often. Usually if I have input it's already been said and I don't want to repeat what has already been covered. I have been in 2 comps so far, the Modesto one in May and the Madera cook-off a few weeks ago.

That would be the Madera Disaster right?

Two Loose Screws were down competing in Alpine CA this weekend (long trip from Seattle). Took 1st in Chicken and Brisket. Judges were not happy with our pork or ribs but sometime you have those kind of days.

I think mista wants a enough peoplefromk cali so we will refer to them as CAFO's

Sledneck said:
I think mista wants a enough peoplefromk cali so we will refer to them as CAFO's

I'm just trying to share the brethren love!

Sledneck said:
I think mista wants a enough people from cali so we will refer to them as CAFO's

LOL, I don't have a problem with that at all........I'm sure there are several that check things out from time to time....I think the MoFo/KanFo difference is we have enough competitions within a hundred miles or so a season that we get to see most of our friends at least once if not 3-4 times a year. And you go where you have fun and have good friends. Here's an example: Will Deal BBQ out of Topeka KS drove to Columbia twice this year to compete, not because the payouts were spectacular, but because he likes cooking with and hanging out with his friends, and we make him feel welcome. Now, if we could just get all those secrets he has, we've done something!

Back