Smoking Corned Beef, Sausage and Baked Beans on SF (ongoing)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Rolling some corned beef for pastrami today. Doing it in the warming box of my SF. The plan is to smoke it low to get a bunch of smoke in it and take it to 170-180 and then finish with steam in my pressure cooker. Kind of my normal routine.

Also got some sausage I made going that I will cut up and put into baked beans I'll smoke later. Trying a new recipe. It is high 50's and sunny, which is about the perfect smoking weather for me.

I'll be updating more.....Enjoy your sunday! :-D

Today starting it up with lump and wood chunks since I have so many extra

Insert random Nelly lyrics here........

About a 4lb'er from sams

Rubbed the corned beef with ground pepper, coriander, garlic, onion and a little more salt (not too much since it is salty already, but I like it this way)

This cooker is so versatile with the warming box. Fired the SF fully up for the beans that will go in later and I pretty much always fully fire because I'll end up adding something to the main chamber most of the time

Pretty day

Did you soak the corned beef? I've found that store bought corned beef needs a minimum of 24 hours in fresh water, with a couple of water changes.

Did you soak the corned beef? I've found that store bought corned beef needs a minimum of 24 hours in fresh water, with a couple of water changes.

Ron I just rinsed it a little before putting on the rub. The saltiness/potency isn't overpowering to me :crazy:.

Sausage done after about an hour

Dunked it in an ice bath to keep it from shriveling and then sliced some to snack with crackers and smoked gouda

Went ahead and thawed more sausage to smoke and chill and re-vacuum seal for snacks another time

Tossed them on

New trial baked bean recipe in the works

Sauteing up some onions, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic

Combining the other stuff

And all together

Nothing in the main cook chamber yet, but the beans will go in there in a little bit. If you want to run your SF hot you definitely can

Here's the fire at that temp

Man it all looks good Jason! Great way to spend the day too. :grin:

Awsome looking smoker, nice cook and I like the Jim Beam, looks like a great Sunday.

Love my Shirley. Yeah Beam is one of my go to bourbons. Nothing fancy and it doesn't need to be :mrgreen:. Very yummy.

Close enough to start getting steamed for me

Beans are done. Keeping them warm in a 150 oven

Into the pressure cooker for a steam. Makeshift steamer with some foil balls on the bottom to keep it out of the water

Looks fantastic! Great to see more pastrami in the works... Impressed that you got it up to 1500F! :)roll:)

Looking forward to seeing some sliced pastrami (and associated uses)!

Everything looks great. I'm just glad didn't "take off all your clothes". You know cause its getting hot in herre.

Ok and here it all is done.

After 30mins in the "meat" setting of the pressure cooker here is the final temp

What's nice about these "flat" labeled corned beefs is that you still get some point in there

Just sliced up the point tonight. This was the best pastrami I've done to date. The low temp when smoking allowed for much more smoke to get in the meat and I let it go a little longer in the pressure cooker to steam more and damn it was tender

Final with beans that will now be my go to recipe that I will continue to tweak to make even more gooder

man thats a great looking cook.those beans look gooooood.

They were really good. Used all cooked canned beans, but no bush's and damn they were amazing. Can't wait to tweak them some more.

Back