A little piece of Advice....

Podge,

That really sucks for you. Sorry to see you in this situation. I just recently had my team logo made up. I think I'll get on that right away, so this doesn't potentially happen to us as well. Don't want to lose the right to my own name...

I get the personal attachment and realize you might not think to have a need to trademark it...
Strange thing here is that the restaurant in question was trying to get away from the exact same issue of another restaurant with same name and it causes this.

I can only go by what I read, but it doesn't seem like it was a blatant attempt to steal... at least based on what the article says.

Approximately 4,000 entries were submitted during a contest last year to rename Dale's West. Lindsey Jackson of Fort Pierce submitted the winning name and wins free barbecue for a year, a prize worth $1,040.

I hope you have a legit case and can win.

I don't think it was a flat out attempt to steal either.. but, a little research on their part could have changed their mind.. or maybe they did, and just went with it anyway. Thanks.. I hope I have good news to report by the end of the month.

Back