Jerk Chicken Veggie Pizza

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After an all too short week of vacation and filling my body with greasy food and alcohol all week. I figured we'd grill some chicken and veggies Sunday. Then I realized there's a veggie and a Jerk throwdown going on right now over in the TD section.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86
So here's how it went down...

I made zippylip's quick dough recipe. Came out excellent as always.

Grilled some chicken with Plowboys "The Jerk".

Pizza dough was grilled on the kettle flat bread style. I used cornmeal instead of flour when I stretched the dough to give some more texture.

Veggies were, marinated and grilled asparagus, charred corn, grape tomatoes, and a ho-made pesto sauce.

Smoked cheddar cheese.

It was out of bounds good. I didn't think I'd ever be that happy about eating veggies. but dang!

Thanks for looking!

:peace:

Beautiful pie, Jason. I really like the Plowboys Jerk seasoning. It even goes well with spam of all things (Yes, I've done that...:-D). Very mild, great flavor. I can imagine how good that was. :thumb::thumb:

thats a mighty fine looking pie. and super juicy looking chicken. I will have to try pre-cooking the dough for a flatbread style pizza. And yea, the jerk will have to be on my list too.

I was just reading over this again and for what it's worth I'm pretty sure those are cherry tomatoes not grape tomatoes.

That's a great looking pizza, delicious and healthy, too. It's a creative idea to bring together flavours you wouldn't normally put together… like jerk, smoked cheddar, pesto, asparagus…. and it cooked to 'out of bounds' delicious. I will email this cook thread to myself, I'd love to sample that flavour. :thumb:

Wow that's really nice Jason!! I'd love a slice or two please. :thumb:

Back