• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

GAB or Westmont results

DMDon

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
WOW, its a ghost town here. Any GAB or Westmont results?

:eek: Don, Westmont turn ins are Sunday.We must be the only farkers in the country not competing....:cry:

Last edited:
I am practicing a little so maybe that will help with the boredom.

GAB Invitational
Kelly Wertz - 4 Legs up. GC
Robert Megee - Muchin Hogs at the Hilton RGC

Merl

I heard Dammit Andy took second in Brisket at GAB, and him and Todd were 12th or so overall.

I'm not even cooking anything this weekend, kinda sucks, and yet kinda nice.

:eek: Don, Westmont turn ins are Sunday.We must be the only farkers in the country not competing....:cry:

Thanks, I've completely lost track of what day of the week it is. Been cooking for graduatioin parties in the evenings and did a 1 day comp with my 8 yr old yesterday. We finished 8th out of 40 without getting a top 5 call. Thats kind of tough to do.

Nice brisket score Andy! It was great meeting everyone there Friday night.:cool:

Shower :-D

Congrats to all the brothers who received calls this weekend - the Brethren had great representation.

GAB results can be found here: http://www.thinkbbq.com/index.php?page=teaminfo

My son and I had an great time cooking this event. None of it would of would of been possible without the help of Andy & Kim. I dont think we could thank them enough and hope we can return the favor some day. You guys are awesome!
Congrats to all the Brethren that walked and it was a pleasure meeting many of you.

Did any of you guys get to meet my boy Harry Soo from Slap Yo Daddy BBQ? Chinese guy from California in his second year of competition goes to the GAB and gets RGC in the Open division. I love it!!!

I heard Dammit Andy took second in Brisket at GAB, and him and Todd were 12th or so overall. I'm not even cooking anything this weekend, kinda sucks, and yet kinda nice.

Plowboys did great! as usual, cooking with Todd was a blast. (and a respite from the zoo in my camp! LOL) We got 3 calls, so always fun!
We have had this running joke... about being "in the zone", (the joke being, I said "in the zone, I AM the Zone"... ) but it is true. I enjoy the heck out of cooking with Todd, and have been lucky enough to have Randy around at the last couple cooks, and I enjoy that too. It's good to be a plowboy baby!!!

Nice brisket score Andy! It was great meeting everyone there Friday night.:cool:
that brisket score was more amazing than you know.... Our 2nd brisket flat looked like a small slab of bacon. It would have made a good sandwich.:rolleyes: I'm just glad we had an entry!!! I'm glad you made it by on Friday night Chris!!!

Did any of you guys get to meet my boy Harry Soo from Slap Yo Daddy BBQ? Chinese guy from California in his second year of competition goes to the GAB and gets RGC in the Open division. I love it!!!

We sat next to these guys at awards, and talked with them.... GREAT guys!

It was quite a picture with the 50-60 people in Andy's camp and me next door with three chairs... all empty most of the time.

Anyone have the link to where the team pictures are that they were coming around and taking Sunday morning?

BTW, I thought Sandstone was a GREAT venue. Awards in the amphitheater was a nice touch. The GAB is the "family oriented" version of the American Royal, IMHO.

That's why I never sit in anyone else's chairs at contests... they tend to break... just when I look at them! :wink:

Great calls this weekend! All the brothers did well! Todd... I still have someone that wants to look at your trailer that didn't get to see it this weekend... :lol:

Back